Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you fellows can help me out. Was paid a rifle for some work ( $300 ) and not sure I made out ( I really didn't want it). It is a Type 38 carbine, bore is good stock has a crack behind the tang, non matching bolt and ground mum. It came with a bayonet and only markings are 652 stamped on the back and 115 in white paint, NO other markings I can see. The blade does not have a edge it is rounded off, I am sure it came this way as it shows no signs of grinding or file work ( see pictures ). The old guy I got it from said it was a training bayonet or was a cadets blade. I am going to sell the carbine and bayonet together Or should I sell separately??

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
The bayonet is a "training model" these had mild steel blades, that were unsharpened. Your bayonet looks like an average condition piece. Prices vary for them, with condition being a factor. But probably 50/60.00 would be average for one.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It's a training rifle bayonet. It was to be used with smooth bore training rifles. Your carbine doesn't have a cracked stock. It's a dovetailed splice that every Arisaka has. It strengthens the stock. Look at the grain and compare it to the rest of the stock. It grain goes towards the toe of the stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.