Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings,

somehow I managed to jam the inner portion of the mag spring up into the tube. :cry:
any ideas on how to get it free without damaging the brass tube? :confused:

TIA

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Flood it with WD 40, tap it on solid wood / ground easily ..squarely..
and if need be get a cleaning rod put blunt patch tip on it wiggle it till free..
how did you do something l8ke that?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flood it with WD 40, tap it on solid wood / ground easily ..squarely..
and if need be get a cleaning rod put blunt patch tip on it wiggle it till free..
how did you do something l8ke that?

Thanks for the tip!
all I did was load the mag, and when I put the tube back in it got some resistance, and jammed.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Load one less bullet than called for...is a practice I’ve done with tub feed guns over years..
over all lengths of 22 bullets ...change over the years, with bullet weight, bullet shape..!
also clean scrub relieving tub as you clean any barrel...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Load one less bullet than called for...is a practice I’ve done with tub feed guns over years..
over all lengths of 22 bullets ...change over the years, with bullet weight, bullet shape..!
also clean scrub relieving tub as you clean any barrel...
I only had six rounds in the tube..
I will go back & extra clean all moving parts.

thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Name the rifle?

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Haven’t worked on, nor having experience with this model?
nor remember being around many..?
I like moss-burg 22s..
my first boy hood rifle..
a 152k semi auto, fold down forearm..
found rusty in a grave yard by my dog?
looked like hell outside..
fired extracted,
very accurate...
fast as you could pull trigger no jams..!
I found out years later“ had no extractor “ ?
blew the cases out..
killed many squirrels, targets with that short ugly beast..
as a kid you become one with your first guns..
I look for one at every show..
..never come across one...
best designed action to this day..
Easy takedown, Keeping it clean...it’s a beast un breakable..
micro grove bullish barrel shot like a target gun..
sorry ..things, old memories..<>< Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of my 46M's did this once. I ended up using a cleaning rod to push the spring up further in the tube and a piece of dirt came out. It has worked flawlessly since then.
Dan

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Habiib..I agree

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of my 46M's did this once. I ended up using a cleaning rod to push the spring up further in the tube and a piece of dirt came out. It has worked flawlessly since then.
Dan

Thanks, I was concerned about kinking the spring if I did that - sounds like the way to go..... :thumbsup:

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Slow deliberate with flash light...it’s oiled and should break loose...
then you clean all the oil out of both the tubes..checking for burs!

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Sure hope it’s your answer..?

·
Registered
75 Posts
A word of caution - if you take the retaining pin of the locking end DO NOT pull the spring out from that end. Don't ask! I have done a few of these and found the best is to slowly push the spring out from the receiver end. You can clean the tube with a 22 cal bore brush and then a patch. Some springs are already broken so be careful. The mag tube can be cleaned with a bigger bore brush. Very lightly oil and put back together. The retaining pin needs to be flush on one side and the other side sticks out to catch the lock slot. Most of my model 46s have had this attention.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A word of caution - if you take the retaining pin of the locking end DO NOT pull the spring out from that end. Don't ask! I have done a few of these and found the best is to slowly push the spring out from the receiver end. You can clean the tube with a 22 cal bore brush and then a patch. Some springs are already broken so be careful. The mag tube can be cleaned with a bigger bore brush. Very lightly oil and put back together. The retaining pin needs to be flush on one side and the other side sticks out to catch the lock slot. Most of my model 46s have had this attention.

OK, thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Some mess up the tubes ....taking pins out putting back in...roughly?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Some mess up the tubes ....taking pins out putting back in...roughly?
I use a small needle nose pliers and the pins just pull out. Use the needle nose to push them back in. Some other makes as noted are not so easy.

I got called away for a late lunch so was typing in a hurry - meant to say "other models and makes"

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Got you..I’ve come in to that also..

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,186 Posts
If you use WD-40, be sure to remove it all from the tube before loading with ammo. I have several tube feed rifles & only use a dry silicone spray lube on them and all my mags. It leaves a slick coating that doesn't attract & hold dirt & grit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts