Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one of the craziest work trips ever, I passed through Jax and found out on a bill board that there was a gunshow in town. I had a limited amount of money, no time, and no trade merchandise, but I just had to stop and take a look. About half an hour and $263.50 later, I had a 28/30 and 7 SA stamped oil bottles.

Only thing to complain about is the stock of the 28/30 had been heavily sanded, but it is a 1938 date 28/30 with matching bolt and a really nice bore. Oil bottles are the Russian style round ones complete with Finn maker marked screw-on caps.

No more details at this time. Items are in the car and I am on upper floor of a motel for a few days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the shows north of houston tx have not had much selection for quite a while......

in the conroe area, there are 6+ shows a year.......lot of ammo, barbecue, smoked sausage, and handguns......

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,896 Posts
in the conroe area, there are 6+ shows a year.......lot of ammo, barbecue, smoked sausage, and handguns......
I would love to go to a gunshow at a place near something called Cut n Shoot. What a great name. Spent a couple weeks working in the Conroe/Cut N Shoot area several years ago. I suspect Conroe does not look anything like it did 15 years or so ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am there virtually every day.....population in the county

is up to 600,000 and climbing fast.....cut 'n shoot is still there and proud of their heritage......there is no remaining cheap land available-----$2,000 per acre and up across the county..........ExxonMobil went into the Willis area and paid up to $50,000 per acre for a new development-----something like 3000 acres......near I-45....life will never be the same again......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts