Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,763 Posts
Wideners still has them on their page ...

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,912 Posts
I was at our local gun show Saturday. There was a larger Dealer there that had any type of Military ammo you may want.

My wife was looking at a Yugo M57 she liked the looks of, but didn't like the fit. He had a stack of wooden crates of Bulgarian
7.62X25. 1600 rounds per crate. Two tins inside. 800 rounds each he said. $280 plus tax. He told us he had recently bought a 40ft Container of these cases of ammo. But that it may be the last he can get.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
They're not listed on the web site anymore either. When sales are reduced to the secondary market, the prices will start rising. Wideners will now sell out of their supply.

ST hooked me up with a real nice military model two years ago so I have mine but it's sad to know that an era is about to end. Future enthusiasts will have to "pay to play" as it were if they want to start collecting these pistols.

Bill

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Don't believe the ammo stuff. I personally talked to pw arms last fall, they said they have a ton of yugo surpl ammo in several calibers coming in this spring. But I think they are sitting on it, to see if the prices go way up during the election. They said they had a ton of yugo 7.62x25.......

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,763 Posts
Have no illusions the supply of Bulgarian military PMs is far from infinite.
And the price goes up for every new batch imported. I don't think there is much of a chance that we'll see a decrease in the price, so if you want one, maybe you should get one soon.

·
Gold Bullet Member
22,544 Posts
Whatda you got? I'm interested. I'm looking for an SKS that I can put a synthetic stock on.

VA-Vet
If you get out there, mom and pops have em at good prices. We are swimming in SKS down here BTW.... ;)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
499 Posts
One item I have noticed about the Bulgarian Makarovs being offered for sale today is most of them have been issued, have small to considerable blue wear, scratches, etc. I believe finding those that are mint/new with both matching magazines is becoming a decreasing quest.

·
Registered
384 Posts
One item I have noticed about the Bulgarian Makarovs being offered for sale today is most of them have been issued, have small to considerable blue wear, scratches, etc. I believe finding those that are mint/new with both matching magazines is becoming a decreasing quest.
Once those are sold out there will be no more. The Bulgarians are making compact plastic frame thingly which is cheaper to make and their military/police issue gun seems to be modified DA version of BHP.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a couple of Russians, a Chinese and a Romy. The pawns down here have, Russian and Chinese. Avg price $310
Heh, passed on a Chinese SKS a Bubba had decided to make "all nice and shiny" using steel wool to remove the finish a week ago for $175.
(I have two Chinese and a Russian already, so there wasn't much temptation to acquire a refinishing project). Chinese go around here, last I checked (which wasn't recently since I'm not really in the market), for around $200-250.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.