Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has a copy of the Babach, Keep G'nde launcher book for sale. Have any problems been reported with his dealings?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
He has a copy of the Babach, Keep G'nde launcher book for sale. Have any problems been reported with his dealings?

Only from those folks who have dealt with him. :mad::eek:

He is one of the select few banned from gunboards IIRC.

SlimTim

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Definitely a bad apple, I wouldn't send $$ until I had the item in hand.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't know, but he is really hot to sell that 32 series 99 there on gunboards. No takers for the first round. He emailed me several times wanting to cut a private deal. He has relisted it with a "Buy It Now" price of $700.00. I know the issue of the stock being a Nagoya was brought up - he insists it is a Toyo Kogyo and has the correct proof marks to show it.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought his name sounded familiar. I bought the G'nade Rifle book from Greg when it was first published, but "Olderthump" is selling for about $29.95 under the original price. Think Don would bash me if I mentioned where it's advertised.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I know the issue of the stock being a Nagoya was brought up - he insists it is a Toyo Kogyo and has the correct proof marks to show it.
Notice how he doesn't include pic's of the stock inspection marks...important in my book. Why wouldn't a seller who, at least pretends to know what he's talking about, not include a pic or two??? Jon

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Don't know, but he is really hot to sell that 32 series 99 there on gunboards.
Huh?? Gunboards?????

If he is on gunboards, let the admins know ASAP what name he is using. He's been banned as Jellerthorpe and as Bobcat. I think you must mean an auction site from what you say in the rest of your message, if so, please correct your post. We don't want him here!

SlimTim

·
Registered
851 Posts
Notice how he doesn't include pic's of the stock inspection marks...important in my book. Why wouldn't a seller who, at least pretends to know what he's talking about, not include a pic or two??? Jon
I told him to email me one....we'll see if that happens....no intention of buying it, but I want to see what he says/does.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The book is in "very good condition" yet he has "no Return." Makes you wonder?

·
Registered
851 Posts
How can you be sure that any photo that you get from him, is of the rifle in question?
Well, you couldn't! But, I haven't received any photos yet. You'd think if you were in a big hurry to sell something, snapping a shot and emailing it wouldn't be too tough.....which leads me to believe there is nothing available to photograph!!

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
man, id hate to be the buyer! sorry but i wouldnt drop $700 on an unrated seller with a no return/ no inspection statement. a $700 "as is" type 99 can only spell disaster!

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,510 Posts
I had two really positive dealings with this seller a couple years ago; two Mukden Type 38's. One I still own ( matching with mum) and the other belongs to another board member (matching but no mum). He sent the pictures that I asked for, and gave me a 3 day inspection. Both rifles were as described.

Based on other people's dealings however, I'd be really carefull.

John in Charlotte, NC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts