Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received some izzy hb fal parts in a trade,it consist of a barrel with flashhider,handguards
gas tube,sling swivel,front site,a lower with stock, trigger group with serial#234x.I would like to know about how much it would cost to build into a functional gun,or a ballpark price on the parts I have.Thanks in advance

·
Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
The good news is the parts you have are high-dollar and high-demand, not to mention scarce as all hell.

Bad news is that FAL recievers are $450+ and damn near impossible to find. The other compliance parts, like hammer-trigger-sear and piston, are fairly cheap, say about $75-100 from TAPCO or the like.

But without a reciever to assemble everything onto, you've got a mess of parts.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have seen COMPLETE Israeli HB sets priced $800-1200. I have also seen rifles built from these parts priced at $1600 and an actual Israeli made pre-ban HB FAL for $3500. So the parts can be pricey. I would think if you were to price your parts at $500, maybe even more, someone would buy them. At Tulsa handguards were priced anywhere from $25-50 a set. The funny thing about these parts, I bought mine in 95 or 96 and paid about $120.

·
Registered
288 Posts
IZZY H/B Parts kits are pricey and have been selling for $800.00+.. As with all Parts kits w/out a Receiver it's just parts but that's no big deal and nothing new....
Receivers are out there, 4 DSA Receivers were listed (and SOLD) on the FAL Files from one guy in the last day or so.. I have even seen them listed here on G/Boards.. W/X-Mas right around the corner finding a receiver might not be to tough if youv'e a Keen eye and pull the trigger quickly..
Assuming when you say LOWER you mean COMPLETE lower your not missing much and the parts should be a snap to gather..

Compliance parts are gonna be more than a $100.00 as a Good HTS will set you back $75.00 by itself.. Your choice of 922 Parts is kinda flexible but with an IZZY H/BAR your going to want to keep the original Furniture so those parts would be out of the list... IF it was me I would do US Receiver, HTS, Gas Piston, Mag base Plates and Followers and then you would have to decide from there what you wanted to substitute? Maybe a US M/D or maybe P/G?

Price for the build mightbe as much as $350.00 from a GOOD Smith but you would have an AWESOME FAL when completed..

·
Registered
288 Posts
FWIW, although I no longer Live in OHIO I can tell there are some VERY good FAL Guys there that could help you out.. If your interested I can get you some Names.. Depending on How far South you are I know a Couple in Kentucky as well..
IF it were ME I would build the Rifle, the IZZY H/Bar variant is HEAVY but a Real Nice FAL..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I agree w. DYNOMIKE, build it! You have all the tough-to-find and expensive parts (barrel and lower) in hand. Luckily Izzy HB parts are the easiest of any FAL HB model to find and the cheapest to boot (try finding parts for Belgium HBs!). For instance, much of Sarco's Izzy FAL inventory is new HB bits. Plus Izzy bits are commonly listed on Gun Broker and AA.
I was lucky to have bought a full parts kit (less upper) for a whopping $125 'bout 10 yrs ago. Built mine using nearly the same list of compliance parts that DYNOMIKE listed along with an Entreprise type 1 upper (stamped "Israeli Match"). A very heavy rifle indeed, even with the bipod removed. Not something you'd shoot offhand!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I agree w. DYNOMIKE, build it! You have all the tough-to-find and expensive parts (barrel and lower) in hand. Luckily Izzy HB parts are the easiest of any FAL HB model to find and the cheapest to boot (try finding parts for Belgium HBs!). For instance, much of Sarco's Izzy FAL inventory is new HB bits. Plus Izzy bits are commonly listed on Gun Broker and AA.
I was lucky to have bought a full parts kit (less upper) for a whopping $125 'bout 10 yrs ago. Built mine using nearly the same list of compliance parts that DYNOMIKE listed along with an Entreprise type 1 upper (stamped "Israeli Match"). A very heavy rifle indeed, even with the bipod removed. Not something you'd shoot offhand!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.