Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this at the "Pawn Shop" it was the cheapist SKS there among the Chinese paratroop carbines.It was missing the bayonet and had one of those crapy 30 round fixed mags.Got the bayonet and mag assy on ebay,3 months ago,finally got around to taking pics of it.The knuckle head that had it sanded the buttstock down a lot-I could see the faint traces of the Sn in the stock.Have to strip the hand guard and try to get some kind of finish back on it.SKS was 150.00 Out the door.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,393 Posts
Great deal...even though it's baan sanded it will make a great shooter. Nice dog also!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jimmy,I saw yours and thought I would use a pictrue of mine.He was a "Free" stray dog that was living under my friends porch.He wanted to call animal controll.The dog would sit and shake,and with a trail of Hot dogs I got him in the back of the pick up and made it home.300 bucks later I got a clean bill of health for him.That was 12 years ago.He Kills everything he finds in the field.Kills skunks and brings them up to the house.Hasnt learned to just leave them alone.Tomato juice is for bloody marys,dosent work on Skunk smell.What does is a Mixture of 1/2 Dawn dish soap,Baking soda and Hydrogen preoxide.
I know it is all off topic,I lucked out with the dog and the SKS.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
the pisser is you don't get the matching mag. i bought a nice chinese sks off AuctionArms a couple of weeks ago, no mag.... got 2 off of the WTB ads here..... my sks # was 1744, one mag i got here was 1944..... close but no potatoe. i was going to paint the sks in camo, it came with a black combat exchange stock, but it was really too nice to paint..... just urks me someone can't keep up with a mag or realize the importance of it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
my dogs got a hold of a Polecat this summer too,i used dish soap on them and it still took 2-3 weeks to get them smelling right again,still have a trace when it rains

Galahad over on the SKS Survivors board does a heck of a job on the SKS stocks

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did notice on the SKS mag assy,that they are or seem to be tough to find.Places like cheaper than dirt will sell one but you have to buy a bunch of other parts just to get the mag-to the point that the parts are more than an whole nother rifle.I got a un-numbered mag assy off gunbroker.The seller didnt say it was unnumbered,I just figured it was numbered.
Those darn fixed AK mags for the SKS are useless IMHO. I guy at work wanted one and I just said"you can reload the factory mag 3 times faster than trying to stuff 30 in a fixed mag".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts