Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grab this rifle a few weeks back for $100 OTD. It looks like your typical war time 1943. What I noticed about this one is it's Izhevsk stamped all the way through including the cleaning rod and barrel bands. The stock is original with 10-12 proof marks, numbers are stamped into the wood under the butt plate and no refurb stamp. It has a refurb stamp on the receiver and a brite bore. All the numbers are matching font and no grind marks or indicators of re-stamping.
It actually has a smooth running bolt and shoots better than most of my others.
My question is if this rifle wasn't issued and was simply inspected, stamped and put into storage?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
There are a few unissued 43 Izhevsks imported, but I've never seen one that was marked by a Soviet repair facility.

Clear pictures of all the parts (including stock markings) would be of great help.

·
Registered
727 Posts
A'43 was most likely issued and used (even if not used much). 1943 was a bad year for the Russians so I would think anything that could shoot would be used. No referb marks can sometimes be misleading.

Pics or it didn't happen! :tisk:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You can tell because the fonts do not match, all original matching guns all have the same fonts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.