Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE know where to find a bolt for a Sako L47? It's the type with the bolt mounted safety. A friend has a GORGEOUS example, in .243, and it needs a bolt (sadly, lost when prior owner though keeping bolt seperate from firearm was a safety precaution).

Any help appreciated.

·
Banned
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is, UNFORTUNATELY, the quite scarce L47. One of Sako's first post-war rifles, and not many made. Originally not even model type marked, just the Riihimakki location. Marlin made some up as the Varminter or some such back in the 1950's.

·
Diamond Member
1,003 Posts
No, it is, UNFORTUNATELY, the quite scarce L47. One of Sako's first post-war rifles, and not many made. Originally not even model type marked, just the Riihimakki location. Marlin made some up as the Varminter or some such back in the 1950's.
Would it be possible to see some photos? Like I wrote, the Sako data I have do not list a .308 length action before the L57. However, with Sako anything is possible! (There's actually a documented Sako OU shotgun from 1932...). So pics would be very welcome.

·
Banned
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I have to eat crow.... it IS an L57... it was his typo.

Bokmal, if you can find one, he will pay well. He is DESPERATE indeed. He has an L579 bolt to trade if that helps, but otherwise, cash is good :)

MUST have the safety on shroud as in your picture.

Email inbound :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.