Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure lots of you guys have reached the point I finally have in my collection.

I'm simply out of inexpensive "must-haves" for my collection. So I figured I'd start a thread where we can all list the guns we wish we had in our collection but rarity and high price are keeping them out of our hands...

Here is my expensive "wish list"

Ross M1910
Lee Metford
MLE Mk.I
Martini Henry
1895 Lee Navy
1903 Greek Mannlicher Shoenauer
Fn49
G43
M1941 Johnson
Webley Mk. VI, still in .455

Anybody else have a really pricy wish list? :(

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
A 1907 carbine tops my list of wants..... I am in the same boat as pretty much what I need is going to cost me now.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,426 Posts
Egyptian FN-49s aren't that pricey, y'know. Unless you're talking Columbian or some other rare contract, the FN is actually a lower-midrange semiauto in terms of price.

Likewise, Martini-Henrys aren't that bad either. I mean, ammo's ungodly expensive, but the actual rifles aren't bad pricewise and are quite readily available.

Also, just from personal opinion, G/K43s are crap. Yes, they do work, and yes they're ungodly historical, but as a firearm design I just had to wonder what the engineers were thinking when they came up with it. It's like they combined a DP-28 and a SVT and got all the flaws and none of the advantages.

Lastly, Johnsons are worth every penny.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lithuanian FN Hi-Power
Estonian FN Hi-Power
Romanian FN 1922
Finnish marked FN 1922
Israeli marked FN 1922
Etc.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Also, just from personal opinion, G/K43s are crap. QUOTE]

Maybe, but, mine is worth every bit of the $700 I paid for it 6 years ago multiplied by 3, now... DUV44 mostly correct and 75% matching rifle. Bore is rough, new springs, decent Romanian laminate stock, original sling.....:confused:

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
[QUOTE
Also, just from personal opinion, G/K43s are crap. QUOTE]

Maybe, but, mine is worth every bit of the $700 I paid for it 6 years ago multiplied by 3, now... DUV44 mostly correct and 75% matching rifle. Bore is rough, new springs, decent Romanian laminate stock, original sling.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
There's nothing quite like going from 30-40 pieces a year to 3-5 pieces. While spending twice as much total.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Wow, you guys have done well! My wish list of "can't yet haves" are much more "pedestrian"!

SVT 40
M1 Carbine
Enfield Sniper
All matching/ original k98
PEM sniper
Some variation of an AR-15
A couple hundred mosins!

Pretty sad. Do yourselves a favor and take a little advice: Don't buy a new home, have a baby and have your wife stop working, all in the same year!! Makes for a very pathetic milsurp budget (read: none!)

signed: Avoiding the WTS forum, one day at a time.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Round of applause for keeping your sanity! :D I wouldn't be able too!

Nick

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Me? Oh, I'm well on my way to certifiable!!

And the "pain-train" is coming soon as well - I'm now going through the process of deciding which milsurps I can bear to sell.... :(

T

·
Copper Bullet member
949 Posts
Don't really have a wish list but maybe a Garand, but id probably buy it and shoot it and not like it and resell it.
I buy a lot on impulse especially Mosin types That I think are appreciable in value.

·
Registered
465 Posts
already been their, my collection has the same number of guns in it now as I had several years ago, only their value is way up, as I sell off the cheaper ones and buy the more expensive toys

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
VG-1
VG 1-5
Vg 2
G.41 M
G.41 W
Single claw k98k
G33/40
Radom Ng 30
Many many police district marked Kar 98az's
Waffen proofed Norwegian Krag
Waffen proofed Danish Krag
Eagle B marked Yugo 24.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Good luck on the Winchester Lee.

JaegerBusche 71
1881 Austrian Naval Kropatschek
1893 Romanian Long Rifle

I figure I should just set my sights really high so I don't have to buy anymore rifles in the near future.

·
Sponsor
1,003 Posts
Here's my short list for now-

Mosin 1907 Carbine
Finn Mosin M-27RV
SA marked Swedish M-96
Any Mosin with the finger rest triggerguard along with other early features

Regards,
Eric

1 - 20 of 43 Posts