Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the great, great great grandson of a Confederate veteran I would like to say this makes me proud! It just comes at a wrong time. Maybe if we can concentrate on the economy and fixing our infrastructure first. Then once those are corrected we could do something like this. I think we are much better under the United States Constitution than we would have been under the Confederate Constitution. All that's history right?

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
51,536 Posts
I wish you folks would be more quiet about it.

I was trying to get a federal grant for some "performance art." I was going to rent a Columbiad and shell Fort Sumpter on the 12th as a historically based metaphor for public disdain over rampant Federal overreaching. I figure the park workers and docents inside would surrender quicker than Anderson did.

If they find out its Confederate History Month I'll never see my check.

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,894 Posts
Well, Stein theres not much other than carpet baggers an yankees living in charleston now a days anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
According to my sister who has researched my family history, I had two relatives fighting for the C.S.A. I have been trying to get the information from her to see exactly what they did.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
51,536 Posts
According to my sister who has researched my family history, I had two relatives fighting for the C.S.A. I have been trying to get the information from her to see exactly what they did.
I found out its best not to look too hard. The old great aunts of my youth were proud of talking about him but I found out that he was captured in eastern Tennessee and -lucky for him- soon paroled instead of being hanged or held captive for the duration. I have reason to believe he may have been heading home when he got himself caught. Anyhoo, he apparently figured "that was good enough" and sat out the remainder of the unpleasantness after the Yankees let loose of him. Not the most heroic decision but awfully logical and practical I must admit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Although I'm not very keen on slavery, in fact I dont approve of it. I allways had a soft spot for Johnny Reb, on my toy soldier collection, I have a single corner reserved for my 3654 little 1/72 scale Rebs, depicting the CSA Armies.
best regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.