Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,086 Posts
Yes they did, they made a reduced Carcano in lines with the Fucile Modello 1891 called Carabina per Allievi Tiratori (Rifle for Allievi Shooters) chambered in 6mm Flobert which was used b young shooters aged between 12 and 16 who were in the Tiro Segno Nazionale (T.S.N.). Many of these were latter converted to fire the .22 LR as 6mm Flobert is close to that cartridge.
It is assumed no more than 1,000 of these rifles were made by several factories such as the MIDA Manifattura d'Armi di Toschi e Castelli and by Manifattura d'Armi G.Anelotti e P.Gualla.

Reactions: DK PHILLIPS

·
Registered
151 Posts
And, post war, cal 22 single shot N1 MkIII Enfields modified adding Garand sights...These were real military trainers, while all the above mentioned models were intended to be used by the youth for target practise or,mainly,for parades et similia (the reduced version of the moschetto 91 "cavalry model"). It also known a reduced version of the "moschetto 91 TS" that fires .25 ACP cartridges, magazine fed.
The typical military training device for Carcano rifles was the "cartuccia per tiro ridotto", a cartridge with the same dimensions of the full-power one, but with a very light bullet and a very light load. The early version was re loadable, the later one was not.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How rare are the youth 22 lr with folding bayonet ? If a person could find one what would be a good price to pay for it. I read somewhere that they only had a 15 inch barrel. Does this make it illegal to own without having to register it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Vetterli mod.1934 .22 training carbine was manufactured by Pietro Beretta (utilising many Vetterli components). This was not a military weapon but nevertheless was an Italian Government service weapon issued to civilian Tiro a Segno Nazionale shooting clubs for use by 'Allievo Tiratore' (trainee shots). If a private purchase was required it had to be ordered through the TSN at the Stadio del PNF in Rome. This was all part of the Government policy to encourage marksmanship.
The first 1,500 or so, dated 1934 and 1935 (also with Fascist dating), were produced with a non-functioning Vitali magazine and thereafter they had the magazine blanked off with a shroud. The latest date I have seen is 1945 (an 11,000 range serial number).
Sarie

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
I done it again. Just got a email that I won a auction for a Italian Carcano youth 22 cal. training rifle for my small 22 collection. Rifle should be here in a couple of weeks.
Congrats! Please post the auction link and/or photos of your new rifle. And better photos when you receive it would be nice too! ;)

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Richard that all I have. After I bid on rifle I deleted the link because I get so much email a day that my old computer would be full in a couple of days. Maybe when I get the invoice I will have more info.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
Sorry Richard that all I have. After I bid on rifle I deleted the link because I get so much email a day that my old computer would be full in a couple of days. Maybe when I get the invoice I will have more info.
No problem! :) 👍

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
HiBid Pa Auction Center East Earl Pa 17519 Lot# 170
I prebid on that rifle,
No more info o rifle yet. But I have one question. Do I have to register this rifle since it only had a 15 inch barrel? Thanks Leed709
You do not have to register it as it is not considered a firearm under Federal law. I believe I was bidding on the same rifle, it's the one with the missing upper-handguard right?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, I think it is the same rifle. Upper hand guard missing. Sorry I bid against you Mike. I'm just trying to fill out my small collection of military training rifles. What was your top bid?
No hard feelings! My top bid was in the $400-$500 range so I wouldn't have won it anyways! I'm glad that a fellow GBs member won it! Be sure to post pictures of it, I'm curious to see what the markings on the top of the receiver of this one are!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Yes, I think it is the same rifle. Upper hand guard missing. Sorry I bid against you Mike. I'm just trying to fill out my small collection of military training rifles. What was your top bid?
Don’t worry about Mike. He probably has 6 of them already. ;)

No hard feelings! My top bid was in the $400-$500 range so I wouldn't have won it anyways! I'm glad that a fellow GBs member won it! Be sure to post pictures of it, I'm curious to see what the markings on the top of the receiver of this one are!
Whenever I get outbid on an auction that I’d really like to win, I hope it will show up here so I can at least enjoy another member’s victory. I don’t think one ever has though.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.