Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi........newbie to this site.....thanks in advance for advice and comments.

About 10 yrs ago I acquired the following O&U Cape Gun from the man who bought it over in Germany:

7x57R/16ga; 25" barrel(s); double triggers (adjustable); side plated, silver engraved action w/ Greener Cross Bolt, iron sights, sling swivels & raised solid engraved rib.

Barrel Markings: Antonio Zoli Arms Gardone V.T. ITALY
HEGE GMBH & CO SCHWAB. HALL GERMANY
SPECIAL NICKEL = CHROME STEEL NITRO PROVED.
Botton of action says: ANTONIO ZOLI
Grip Cap and Butt Plate are a black, finely checkered (bakealite) type material. Butt Plate has the words: HEBSACKER GERMANY in the center of a 1" dia circle. P.G. stock and forearm are oil finished w/ raised cheek piece, 20 lines per inch checkering and figured walnut.

Bores are excellent; action is tight; gun over-all is 98+%, and puts (3) 139 gr Sellier & Bellot soft points into 2" at 100 yards with the iron sights.
Gun appears to have been fired VERY little (no wear signs) and was carried very little..no scratches or dents in wood. MFG in 1967.

Since I'm in the 2nd half of my 8th decade, I am no longer hunting big game and my bird hunting is taken care of w/ a 28 ga O&U. So I don't use this gun at all.

Please....... What have I got....What might it have as "Street Value"?
Thank you.

·
Administrator
10,268 Posts
Italian made, German marketed.

Antonio Zoli is a respected Gardone VT (Brescia) Gunmaker, and HEGE is a German Wholesaler, Importer and distributor.

Over the past 50 years, there have been numerous "co-operative" efforts betwqeen Italian Gunmakers and german marketing firms.

HEBSACKER is also a German Gun Selling company. Probably HEGE was the Importer, and Hebsacker the Retailer.

As to value, Condition-Condition-Condition. In Europe it would fetch a good price (over $1,000 US) but in the USA, I don't know... A "Gentleman's Gun" capable of taking most upland birds, and small to medium Deer and Boar at close range (under 100 yards).

I have a similar type of Gun, the ZH 304 by Brno, in 12ga/7x57R; it can handle any Australian Game except Buffalo.

Most of these combination guns also are set up to take a small scope as well.

Otherwise, put it on the net with a start price of US $2000 and see who nibbles....

Regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

·
Administrator
10,268 Posts
Italian made, German marketed.

Antonio Zoli is a respected Gardone VT (Brescia) Gunmaker, and HEGE is a German Wholesaler, Importer and distributor.

Over the past 50 years, there have been numerous "co-operative" efforts betwqeen Italian Gunmakers and german marketing firms.

HEBSACKER is also a German Gun Selling company. Probably HEGE was the Importer, and Hebsacker the Retailer.

As to value, Condition-Condition-Condition. In Europe it would fetch a good price (over $2,000 US) but in the USA, I don't know... A "Gentleman's Gun" capable of taking most upland birds, and small to medium Deer and Boar at close range (under 100 yards).

I have a similar type of Gun, the ZH 304 by Brno, in 12ga/7x57R; it can handle any Australian Game except Buffalo.

Most of these combination guns also are set up to take a small scope as well.

Otherwise, put it on the net with a start price of US $2000 and see who nibbles....

Regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hege was the brand name of Friedrich Hebsacker. The company moved premises from Schwänbisch Hall to Überlingen around 1975, and lateron moved to Meßkirch where they are located today (no longer owned by Hebsacker, but by Dr. Waldemar Gorzawski). Hege was a prime German surplus importer in the 1960s and 1970s, but most old files seem to have been destroyed during the hand-over.

Carcano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.