Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the best area but I figured Italian experts would know the most. I have an M20 bazooka that appears to been used by the Italian military. It appears that the bazooka itself might of been USA made and then at some point sold/given to the Italians. The words for the safety have been changed from English to Italian. Anyone have any good information?

·
Administrator
10,116 Posts
The Grip ,with the "Fuoco" (Fire) and "Sicura" (safe) is a NEW Moulding ( Not modified).

I would say look for other markings...the US ones had "Rocket Launcher M20 etc.etc.etc" engraved into the tube...this one(If Italian-=Made) should have similar wording such as "Lancia Granata Contro-Carro" or similar, and a serial numberand Maker's mark.

Doc AV

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its very very faint but I can just barely make out a "M20" and then what looks like a "A1" rollmarked/engraved in the usual area. It looks to be under a layer of paint and I was only able to see it under just the right light when I was looking hard for it. Its definitely not a "raised and molded into the tube" mark like my M20B1A1 has. The word fire is marked in the loading lever area near the back(I think its visible in the original pictures I posted) so thats one thing that originally made me think its was a USA made item that was then sold or given to the italians.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.