Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all!
I'm new here and I like to know your opinion on this bcd I just bought. It is all matching and everything is correctly proofed... but the stock: it is a BLM stock, which bears the s/n of the gun. To my eyes the stock looks unsanded, and it seems the numbers have been applied long time ago. Size is approx. .320
Another issue is a rework on chamber area, and a subsequent modification on the bolt. If you look carefully at the pic, there is a second faint firing proof eagle (maybe the gun was tested twice?). The external reworked area is slightly pitted, so, again, it looks an old job. Have you ever seen a repair like this one?
Obviously, now I wish you tell me that the stock is a wartime replacement and the repair was made in 1944 at the factory, as a consequence of a sabotage act... But I know, I have to wait 12 months for the nest X-mas present ;)

Regards,

Marzio

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Looks like someone drilled the reciever and brassed the hole. I don't think that it left the factory like that. Could have been a Dewat mabe and brought back to life. You may never know the story. I wish Santa would drop it's brother off at my place. Sunfish

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"How does it shoot?" I don't know, and I'll never know in the future: this is another "display only" gun. For sure, judging by the German proof, It has been shooted at least one time in 1996.
As for the dewat option, I thought the same, but in dewats the receivers are drilled in the chamber area and a steel rod is inserted and welded inside the barrel in some way: definitely not this case.
I can't understand the need to do this job.
Maybe the receiver was hit by shrapnels, which destroyed also the original stock! :rolleyes:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts