Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Israeli Golani Sporter Rifle
I have had quite a few emails asking about these rifles concerning problems associated with Century Golanis. Unfortunately, the facts have become distorted and produced "internet rumors" which need to be addressed. It's to the point where some people believe "All Century Gonalis are crap." In truth, there was a problem with the 1st group of rifles produced. All of the rifles at Allan’s Armory have been through recall and are stamped with an "F". See the statement below for the truth about Golani problems and how they were dealt with. Rest assured that I have personally function- tested each rifle to make sure there are no problems. Allan's Armory offers a money back guarantee that includes return shipping if there is any problem. These are fine rifles at a great price, don't pass up a really good opportunity because of internet BS.
Date: August 29, 2007Subject: Galil and/or Golani Semi-Auto Sporter RifleSubject: Galil and/or Golani Semi-Auto Sporter Rifle We are requesting that customers who purchased the Galil and/or Golani Semi-Auto Sporter that have serial numbers between GAL00001 and GAL02393 send in their firearm to us as we have modified the bolt and are installing a new firing pin and firing pin spring to ensure that your Golani offers you the utmost safety and reliability. All Galil and/or Golani rifles that have the letter "F" or "X" on the bottom of the receiver front cut off have already been upgraded and your rifle does not need to be sent in to us.If you are a dealer, please provide us with the names, addresses and contact information of the purchasers of these Galil/Golani rifles. We will contact them directly. If you are contacted by these customers, please have them call us at 1-800-270-2767 to obtain a return authorization. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and hope to have this situation resolved as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was one of the ones that e-mailed Allan. I appreciated his quick response, but the issues I had with my Golani were not the ones listed. When first firing mine, I noticed the shells were all over the place and were keyholing. When I put the second clip in, every other shell jammed. It turned out the shells were jamming into the face of the barrel and either deforming (hence the inaccuracy) or causing a jam. The forums were full of similar stories.

I sent it back to Century for the bullet guide to be adjusted. When I got it back, I couldn't even get the magazine to stay in the rifle. In disgust, I sent it back to Classic Arms and, to their credit, they gave me a full refund. This occurred last year.....long after the dates mentioned above.
I have no doubt that Allan has already forgotten more than I'll ever know about firearms, but the recall mentioned is not the same issue.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow!!! GREAT price on these (checked your web-site)! If I didn't already own one I would be in. I think they should move pretty quickly at this price. My Golani is... I hate to say it bulletproof. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts