Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone here have a full collection of guns used by the Israeli military? I realized by acccident that a lot of my surp firearms were from there, and I decided I might as well try to catch em all. I know they had M16's of various flavors, home made FAL's, Galils, the 308 Mausers, and that they carried Hi Powers and Jerichos. And of course now they have the Tavor.

What is my list missing? Anyone have captured and reissued guns to show off? As a side note, did Palestine have any unique crested guns?

·
Copper Bullet member
9,812 Posts
Pistols: Webley MkIV, Lahti, Beretta M71, Beretta 951, Glock 19, Sig228. Rifles: M14/21, AKM, Mauser M66, Enfield No1 MkIII, Ruger 10-22. That should keep you busy for a while. Oh, don't forget Uzi, Sten, and MP40.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pistols: Webley MkIV, Lahti, Beretta M71, Beretta 951, Glock 19, Sig228. Rifles: M14/21, AKM, Mauser M66, Enfield No1 MkIII, Ruger 10-22. That should keep you busy for a while. Oh, don't forget Uzi, Sten, and MP40.
Yeah after I a few hours I remembered probably half a dozen other guns that I could have listed. 1919's, Uzi's, I know there were a few Tanfoglios as well though I'm not sure if they were for gun clubs or police or what. Pretty sure I've seen some photos of what I assume were MP's with mini-14's at some point.

There was a Star Model B if I remember right which sold a week or two ago that had been captured from Egypt. The listing said it was one of 200 or 250 sent to them. So a somewhat rare gun to start, and even more unique given the history.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,812 Posts
Some police units had issue Tanfoglio TZ75s for a while, in the late '80s-early '90s. Oddly, I really hated them at the time, but I currently love my early CZ75.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,667 Posts
Israel also employed Barrett M82a1 semi auto 50 cal rifles with a unique scope rail - it was not picatinny but looks like it is.

They have an IDF acceptance stamp on the receiver.

Ohio Ordnance reimported several fully refurbished back about 10 years ago or so... i picked one up and lucked out finding a spare set of scope mount rings at Barretts office!

Its Not often you can get a genuine semi auto that was in modern military use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet member
31,834 Posts
Don't forget an M1949 Mk I bayonet

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Copper Bullet member
9,812 Posts
Also include Carcano M91 TS, used by Haganah in home built armoured trucks( Battle for
Jerusalem, 1948) and by the Jewish Settlement Police ( British capture Nth Africa)
I think that would be a bit of a stretch for Israeli issue. I saw a few Thompsons and Winchesters there, and even had a .45-70 Trapdoor in my armory, but those don't really fit the bill either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.