Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some of this years ago, never got a translation. Anyone know what box says? Appears to be 7.92 mauser AP, cases are dull brass, looks like they were "cleaned" by some chemical process, tips and mouths repainted black, primer PA still green. Anybody get or shoot similar stuff?

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet member
8,954 Posts
Yes, Belgian-made AP ammo. The second line down translates to "AP". The 4th line down says "For Training Only", and the last line is "Not to Be Used After November 1973".

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS for the translation. I imagine age meant it for training only. Seeing I had leftovers in the fridge almost as old I'll try it out in my Turkish "try gun", at least I have "overachiever bullets" to repurpose if need be. Thanks again. 1956 Dad was still taking Mom to the drive in theatre. I was still a 12 pack of beer.

·
Copper Bullet member
8,954 Posts
Paragon? more likely cleaned in a cement mixer full of gravel!
There was a company (forgot the name) in the desert between Jerusalem and Jericho. They bought tons of old/surplus IDF and captured ammo, And it often came here after that acid washing. I think they were big in the 80s and 90s, not sure if they're still around.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
When Israel invaded Lebanon in 1978 and 1982 they brought MANY train loads of captured weapons and small arms ammunition back to Israel. Some great stuff and some other stuff too!

·
Silver Bullet member
3,207 Posts
The Paragon tent was always one of my first stops at the Knob Creek MGS in the '90s. Really miss those days.

·
Copper Bullet member
8,954 Posts
The middle line is the lot information. There is no mention of FN, but the far-left letter (like a W) could be designating this ammo as "Captured". With that in mind, it could have originally been on an Egyptian or Syrian contract, captured by Israel in 1956, 1967, 1973, or later.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all! I bought alot of stuff from Paragon too, with their cardboard box mix and match. Boxes always arrived here with a hole in them and inevitably my lawnmower would zing an Israeli 308, Chinese 06, or some kind of 7.92 around the yard. Paragon had some really good stuff, the UPS guys had some funny comments, except for the grumpy one. Bullets rollin' around the truck thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts