Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just checking with the guys who would know since the park service can't seem to tell me. :mad:

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Well, since the Brady Bunch is convinced that it will be the Wild West in the parks, I guess we'll just turn on CNN and watch the body count climb...huh. :)

·
Read Only
4,675 Posts
Just like Florida, huh?!

And Texas, and everywhere else the Brady Bunch screamed that there'd be a blood bath if concealed carry was enacted and allowed.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I wish those idiots would stop funding those corrupt sanctuary city politicians; who won't call ICE, when illegal alien gangsters are caught with illegal guns, federal offense or not. They'll give $$$ to anybody who speaks evil of the NRA, no matter what the hell they do in office.

They Brady Bunch's candidates are killing people with blind stupidity. Why should I worry about a law abiding citizen carrying a concealed weapon in Yellowstone, if he has the proper training and permits to do this...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for me the main problem is carrying on the natchez trace. i live very close to it and to go anywhere i need to use it. the fine for carrying on it was $200 and confiscation of weapon. it will now be legal to carry on the trace but i couldn't remember which day it started. i thought it was the ninth.

·
Empress of the Underworld and Diamond Bullet Membe
40,285 Posts
for me the main problem is carrying on the natchez trace. i live very close to it and to go anywhere i need to use it. the fine for carrying on it was $200 and confiscation of weapon. it will now be legal to carry on the trace but i couldn't remember which day it started. i thought it was the ninth.
Congrats to you on being able to carry on the natchez trace!!! And congrats to us all for this small win.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,450 Posts
Remember - the rule doesn't allow promiscuous carrying on NPS territory. The state where the park is located has to allow concealed carry in parks or it remains a no-no. Got to know the (local) law. And if you are an out-of-state resident with a home-state CHL, whether it is recognized where you are.

For example - let us assume I (a Texas domiciliary and resident) have a Texas CHL. Is it recognized in Mississippi? Or Tennessee? Does Mississippi allow concealed carry in parks? Does Tennessee? And no - I don't know the answers, but I'd sure enough find out before i tucked my 1911A1 behind my belt and traveled to or through either place (or any other).

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Indian reservations are sovereign nations. They probably have a few rules of their own and are not bound by state gun control laws. Don't believe it palface? Lets see how far you get salmon fishing with a spear gun. Yes they can. No you can't...

·
100,450 Posts
Indian reservations are sovereign nations. They probably have a few rules of their own and are not bound by state gun control laws. Don't believe it palface? Lets see how far you get salmon fishing with a spear gun. Yes they can. No you can't...
No, Indian Reservations are NOT "Sovereign Nations". But tribes, some of them, are. And, within limits, they get to set some rules. Including stealing revenue from the surrounding states by selling cheap cigarettes and other tobacco products. And shooting salmon with spearguns (a highly non-traditional "Native American" method of fishing). Oh well.

·
Read Only
4,675 Posts
Well, spearfishin'....

...was okay, it was just them rubber-band thingies that's different. And that's a lot easier on the system than the black-walnut-hull business that was the practice in the far-back times, according to my Cherokee and Chicksa friends.

Speaking in a less jocular vein, I do not begrudge the tribal folks anything they can build. Some tribes of them had a very rough time transitioning from a tribal people to a settled folk, and Uncle Sugar was not kind.... They're good folks, those I have met.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
well, when I go to havasu I am having a hard time not wanting to carry something. Down south you start to get into areas where the law has a hard time reaching. Arizona has drug traficking problems, and while on the one hand I think its far up north enough in the canyon to avoid a lot of that traffic, its still a bit secluded. Kind of like yellowstone having pot gardens......I probably won't, but I haven't made a final decision yet. They would never know if I did, as it would be burried in my bag.

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,894 Posts
carry in the park

We have been fishing and camping in the Everglades National park for years. Nobody but an absolute idiot would be camping 50 miles from help without a gun. You are on your on. several times a ranger has stopped us and asked if we had a firearm . We replied yes. Only once did we have trouble and it was with a new inexperienced ranger. She decided to make a Federal case of it and here is the result. You are within the boundaries of a state. If the State laws allow you to have a fire arm then you can have one. the park is under Federal regulation. A regulation cannot superceed a law and the law takes precident. Except for that one time we have never had any problem. Also of note we have never fired a weapon in the thirty years we have been out there. Well, maybe once.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
everglades without a gun, not me brother!

We have been fishing and camping in the Everglades National park for years. Nobody but an absolute idiot would be camping 50 miles from help without a gun. You are on your on. several times a ranger has stopped us and asked if we had a firearm . We replied yes. Only once did we have trouble and it was with a new inexperienced ranger. She decided to make a Federal case of it and here is the result. You are within the boundaries of a state. If the State laws allow you to have a fire arm then you can have one. the park is under Federal regulation. A regulation cannot superceed a law and the law takes precident. Except for that one time we have never had any problem. Also of note we have never fired a weapon in the thirty years we have been out there. Well, maybe once.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Is today the day we can start carrying in national parks?

I don't know, when does hippie season open, and what is the bag limit? Is it in total number or agragate?

·
100,450 Posts
I heard three a day and nine in possession.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Exactly. At havasu you are 70 miles from the nearest gas station, let alone police. And their is one park ranger, and people say they don't patrol much. I also don't know how much a .32 would do me their, but either way, if something were to happen its better then a fist against a gun. Maybe a spare mag. Hidden in a holster buried in my bag.

Am I paranoid?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts