Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought 2 Finnish M39's and a bayonet from this guy and was completely satisfied, however my spidey sense tingles when I hear such optimistic claims of rarity, authenticity, and a high price to boot.

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,736 Posts
I agree 100% with hansellhd2. G/K 43 for that kind of cash. Sure it's a single rune that looks to be in very nice and unmolested shape with a pretty solid guarentee.... But a k98k needs to VERY special (rare code) for me to splash that kind of money. You can get a awesome semi auto "hitler's garand" for that and they are true masterpieces of design.

Having said that, with the current RC selling prices of around $800 for a uncommon code in just good shape with new style import marks and serial on the receiver... I can see this bnz example go Pretty quick to a collector. While the price is very high, it's not out of this world.

·
Banned
10,252 Posts
The Standard Modell is about $900 too high in price, but it is a nice example. I didn't pay near that for either of my DRP Banner K's, which are somewhat rarer.

I won't comment on the "SS" K98 though. As they say, it is what it is :)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Not to me it wouldn't be...but maybe to somebody.

Actually to really make a call I would need many more better detailed pics...that is a lot of scoots to spend on sopmething and I would want to be 100% sure on it before I spent that amount of money!

If anyone was thinking of buying I would study it long and hard....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having said that, with the current RC selling prices of around $800 for a uncommon code in just good shape with new style import marks and serial on the receiver... I can see this bnz example go Pretty quick to a collector. While the price is very high, it's not out of this world.
What kind of code would bring that price for a RC?

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,736 Posts
What kind of code would bring that price for a RC?
7.62x63mmUS and Uberman,

Its not what kind of code would have sold, it's what kind of code did sell and fetch that price ($799.00) without tax and shipping included. From what I recall it was a recent century import being sold by classicarms. It was a pre war 98k example with a "k" marked barrel with a NRA grade "good" bore. The rest of them have been selling between $550 and up with the $800 one the top price I've seen. Out of this world pricing!!! But they sold out of each batch in 30 mins to an hour.

I can see big RC prices for a 39 bsw, 45 svw mb type 1, 39 337, etc... With minty bores, But still not $800.... That's just absurd but people are paying those prices in what seems to be a heartbeat!

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Original removed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.