Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
It's value is only what someone will pay for it. Look at the auction sites and see what the actual bids and selling prices are, not what people are asking for the stuff. I've sold small lots of steel core for $1.00 per round to people who were willing to pay that price, but that is an extreme example. Right now, you might get $.25-$.35 per round, but wait until next year and see what Obama-Biden has in store for us. You might get that $1.00 per round...

D.D.
As DDR mentioned, that ammo commands a high price right now. Look at past auctions. You only see 1 tin of 550 selling for less than 300 dollars.
A tin of 720 would bring over 400 right now, easy. That was an active auction he quoted, i'm sure a lot of guys would fall all over themselves for it at .25-.35 a round.
usrifle

· Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
Hehehe....well, seems Devil Dog is a little out of touch in today's market. ; )
usrifle

· Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
DD, frankly i was a little surprised myself! I just figured the high end of 360 bucks for a 550 round tin, then threw a number on the auction!
It is very uncommon to find it in 720 tins, but frankly, i was just gonna shoot it! Sheeesh...sure am glad i DIDN'T. "ass-raping"?...that may prove to be a DEAL!
usrifle

· Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
1967 dated chinese 7.62x39 ammo?if i were you i'd think about it before acualy shooting any of it!during the vietnam war we sabatoged enemy ammo,especialy in that caliber! i found this video while lookin for info on sabotging ammo http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283,this video is in iraq,but in vietnam our guys also did that to mortars and other munitions.
but i would question shooting ammo from that era because there may be a chance of some rounds being filled with explosive in poweder form!i read about that in a gun magazine article. *yawns*
I don't know why you would even throw that out here...That's so far from any relevance it's laughable.
usrifle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.