Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
It's value is only what someone will pay for it. Look at the auction sites and see what the actual bids and selling prices are, not what people are asking for the stuff. I've sold small lots of steel core for $1.00 per round to people who were willing to pay that price, but that is an extreme example. Right now, you might get $.25-$.35 per round, but wait until next year and see what Obama-Biden has in store for us. You might get that $1.00 per round...

D.D.

·
Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
It's value is only what someone will pay for it. Look at the auction sites and see what the actual bids and selling prices are, not what people are asking for the stuff. I've sold small lots of steel core for $1.00 per round to people who were willing to pay that price, but that is an extreme example. Right now, you might get $.25-$.35 per round, but wait until next year and see what Obama-Biden has in store for us. You might get that $1.00 per round...

D.D.
As DDR mentioned, that ammo commands a high price right now. Look at past auctions. You only see 1 tin of 550 selling for less than 300 dollars.
A tin of 720 would bring over 400 right now, easy. That was an active auction he quoted, i'm sure a lot of guys would fall all over themselves for it at .25-.35 a round.
usrifle

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

D.D.
Here's an acutal auction. Seems it will bring almost $0.70 per round. DDR

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=117777762

·
Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
Hehehe....well, seems Devil Dog is a little out of touch in today's market. ; )
usrifle

·
Registered
850 Posts
Wow, a thousand dollars for 1,440 rounds of corrosive primed, 40+ year old surplus ball ammo? I guess that old saying about a fool and his money being soon parted really is true! I guess I am out of touch with today's fools, I mean prices. Not ashamed to admit it either. Got all I need long ago, before the ass-raping began, so no need to really follow the market that close. I guess I could consider selling some stuff to put the kids through college at today's prices... Hee Hee!

D.D.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, a thousand dollars for 1,440 rounds of corrosive primed, 40+ year old surplus ball ammo? I guess that old saying about a fool and his money being soon parted really is true! I guess I am out of touch with today's fools, I mean prices. Not ashamed to admit it either. Got all I need long ago, before the ass-raping began, so no need to really follow the market that close. I guess I could consider selling some stuff to put the kids through college at today's prices... Hee Hee!

D.D.
DD: To be honest, that price and the speed with which it sold surprised me. You may be able to put your kids through school after all with such madness. I wasn't only out of touch, I had no clue! DDR

·
Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
DD, frankly i was a little surprised myself! I just figured the high end of 360 bucks for a 550 round tin, then threw a number on the auction!
It is very uncommon to find it in 720 tins, but frankly, i was just gonna shoot it! Sheeesh...sure am glad i DIDN'T. "ass-raping"?...that may prove to be a DEAL!
usrifle

·
Registered
24 Posts
1967 dated chinese 7.62x39 ammo?if i were you i'd think about it before acualy shooting any of it!during the vietnam war we sabatoged enemy ammo,especialy in that caliber! i found this video while lookin for info on sabotging ammo http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283,this video is in iraq,but in vietnam our guys also did that to mortars and other munitions.
but i would question shooting ammo from that era because there may be a chance of some rounds being filled with explosive in poweder form!i read about that in a gun magazine article. *yawns*

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
1967 dated chinese 7.62x39 ammo?if i were you i'd think about it before acualy shooting any of it!during the vietnam war we sabatoged enemy ammo,especialy in that caliber! i found this video while lookin for info on sabotging ammo http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1225135283,this video is in iraq,but in vietnam our guys also did that to mortars and other munitions.
but i would question shooting ammo from that era because there may be a chance of some rounds being filled with explosive in poweder form!i read about that in a gun magazine article. *yawns*
Ammo purchased from imports to the US for sure did not come from decades old VC stockpiles or from any part of Vietnam. This is old Chinese stock and it has a billion in one chance of containing any Sabotage ammo. The number of rounds so tainted is very few....see the American Rifleman article on this program.

It is real quality ammo....so sad to see that stuff no longer available to us. I bought a buttload of it for 6cents/round in the 'good ole days'!

·
Silver Bullet member
835 Posts
I don't know why you would even throw that out here...That's so far from any relevance it's laughable.
usrifle

·
Registered
24 Posts
that article is probly the one i read.i guess i didn't know where you got it from.i just remember reading about it and would hate to hear about somebody getting hurt shooting it.i spose it its laughable eh? :D i didn't mean to cause any worries or anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question: 7.62 x 54r Russian vs Bulgarian

I found a deal on 440 rounds of Russian 147 grain silvertip lead/steel core and 880 rounds of 149 grain Bulgarian for $40.00 more. I also bought some 180 grain to check it out in my Mosin Nagant long rifle. Any Comments? Some ammo better than others? both in sardine cans

·
Silver Bullet member
358 Posts
I found a deal on 440 rounds of Russian 147 grain silvertip lead/steel core and 880 rounds of 149 grain Bulgarian for $40.00 more. I also bought some 180 grain to check it out in my Mosin Nagant long rifle. Any Comments? Some ammo better than others? both in sardine cans
Welcome to Gunboards. Your post here in this thread is way off base but I'll respond. If you bought 880 rounds of 7.62x54R for $40, you did very good. Going rate now seems to be more like $80 per 440 rounds or slightly a bit more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.