Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a trade and this 91/30 PU scope and mount are in the deal. I know that the mount is an original Tula but I'm not sure if the scope is refurbished or original. I'd appreciated the help, thanks. Chuck

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Are you looking if your scope is refurb. or not?

It's original, not a reproduction.
It was made in 1944 By the LOMO company.
It's my opinion that your scope was refurbished.

Regards.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
The 25 in the triangle is a refurb mark if I'm not mistaken.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,237 Posts
i thought the square was the refurb mark but my wife says i don't know anything so i must be wrong

·
Registered
66 Posts
There has been some spirited debate regarding whether triangle-25 is a postwar rebuild mark or not, it likely is IMO but I do not believe there is any documentation to say definitively. Donning fireproof suit, Meinander out!

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
The Triangle/25 marking is a post-war inspection/repair marking that started being used around 1949 and into the early 1950's.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
I disagree with everybody and I see no apparent refurbishment marks on the scope.

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
The third photo clearly shows the early "Triangle/25 with Cyrillic Letter" inspection or repair marking, above the manufacturer's emblem. All the scopes I own or have examined with this marking that also have the accompanying, Triangle/25 marked, inspection document with them that matches the scope's serial number are dated 1949 to 1951.

The boxed X and dated markings seem to date from the mid-50's into the 1980's.

There are a number of different inspection/refurb markings that can be observed on PU scopes, of which the "Triangle/25 with Cyrillic letter" and "boxed X with date" are just a couple examples.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Ive been told, by experts here, that everything is refurbed coming from Russia. Unless it comes from the house of a WW2 vet. I have an all matching M44, 1945, stamps all over it, no sand marks, boxes, counterbore or anything...been told its a refurb. Technically, is it not a refurb if it has been handled in an arsenal by workers thru the Cold War era? Meaning, the part has been dis-assembled, cleaned and put back together, and placed on the rifle.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
I've got some with the paper bore liner-very doubtful ever issued.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts