1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,614 Posts
My guess would be the work of Bubba . You do not need to have locking screws , but if not , then the screw heads should be staked into the locking screw hole so they won't back out . This sniper would never leave the Swede arsenal without the 2 dowel pins . This was not originally made like this . I would spend my money elsewhere !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the limited knowledge that has seeded itself in my brain over the years, something didn't seem right with me with those holes. It seems to piece itself a lot better after your guidance. I was on the verge of seeing the big picture, but you helped. I don't have the money for it right now anyway, but I figure I'd ask anyway just in case someone might stumble onto the thread.

Would it be in bad form to say something to the guy who has it for sale? Or should I let it be?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Always consider these slightly off m/41 as having come in from Canada. A lot of them have.

Dutchman

·
Platinum Bullet Member
937 Posts
I liked it when I first saw it and the price, but the lack of the pins was the thing that concerned me as well. Unfortunately, having those missing brings the entire rifle into question. I wasn't as concerned about the lack of locking screws as I have seen others with those missing.

It would be interesting to see if there are holes in the receiver for the pins. I understand that the base from one rifle usually won't fit on another.

Cass

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also more concerned about the pins than the locking screws. Which is pretty much the reason why I posted here. He responded to his thread about it not being legit, and I directed him here. I guess we'll wait and see if he posts about it.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Always consider these slightly off m/41 as having come in from Canada. A lot of them have.

Dutchman
I just ran across one. I was told that it came out of Canada years ago. All visible #s on rifle
match. Base, mount, and rings #s match each other, not rifle #. There is a brass medalion set into the stock but instead of bore condition it is stamped K I K, below that I 16, and the
number on the base, mount, and rings is stamped at bottom with a capitol N and small o
with two tiny lines beneath the o. The scope case is missing. I tried to find some of the
wonderful info which had previously been offered on one the forums but have been unable
to do so. The man I got it from was not a dealer, he said that he bought it some time back from a man who was from Canada. Any thoughts on this one?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
I just ran across one. I was told that it came out of Canada years ago. All visible #s on rifle
match. Base, mount, and rings #s match each other, not rifle #. There is a brass medalion set into the stock but instead of bore condition it is stamped K I K, below that I 16, and the
number on the base, mount, and rings is stamped at bottom with a capitol N and small o
with two tiny lines beneath the o. The scope case is missing. I tried to find some of the
wonderful info which had previously been offered on one the forums but have been unable
to do so. The man I got it from was not a dealer, he said that he bought it some time back from a man who was from Canada. Any thoughts on this one?
Oops, I forgot to mention that base is pinned to reciever. Serial# on base and mount are on front parts, not visible from side. The # are stamped very small and mount # is positioned right above base #.

·
8,614 Posts
It is uncommon to see the mount , base & rings matching each other , but correct . Most are usually found mismatched . Usually they do not match the rifle serial numbers , but a few are known completely matching . Numbers stamped at the front of the base & mount are correct for the M-41 sniper . Look on the back side of the locking lever for a matching number as well . The M-41 sniper is not known to have a scope case .

The " KIK " disc is thought to be correct for a sniper rifle . " KIK " being short for kikargevär or scoped rifle . It appears that you have a correct M-41 sniper to me . What scope do you have ?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
It is uncommon to see the mount , base & rings matching each other , but correct . Most are usually found mismatched . Usually they do not match the rifle serial numbers , but a few are known completely matching . Numbers stamped at the front of the base & mount are correct for the M-41 sniper . Look on the back side of the locking lever for a matching number as well . The M-41 sniper is not known to have a scope case .

The " KIK " disc is thought to be correct for a sniper rifle . " KIK " being short for kikargevär or scoped rifle . It appears that you have a correct M-41 sniper to me . What scope do you have ?
No wonder it didn't come with a scope case.....Locking lever matches rest of mount/base.
I took rifle out of stock, bbl, stock, handguard, triggerguard all match external #s. There is
a Crown S at the wrist but not near the muzzle. Scope marked M/42.

·
8,614 Posts
Most snipers were made a the Stockholm arsenal . Therefore , you have the crown/S stamped on the wrist of the stock . The muzzles are NOT stamped with the crown/S . There may be a crown/S stamped on the barrel , between the receiver & rear sight . The scopes never match the rifle , as they were numbered independently . Less than a 1000 AGA M-42 scopes were made . It appears you have a nice , correct M-41 sniper .

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Most snipers were made a the Stockholm arsenal . Therefore , you have the crown/S stamped on the wrist of the stock . The muzzles are NOT stamped with the crown/S . There may be a crown/S stamped on the barrel , between the receiver & rear sight . The scopes never match the rifle , as they were numbered independently . Less than a 1000 AGA M-42 scopes were made . It appears you have a nice , correct M-41 sniper .
Thanks for the information, that made my day. I took it out of the stock and wood and
metal match external serials. Sure glad I got to the gunshow early, I doubt this one would
have lasted long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts