Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
I believe that one was posted here before.

Anyway, very nice rifle; somehow missed the Nagoya stamp, making it a 'stamping error' rifle.

Worth $1000 or more? I don't think so; but someone else might.

Here are a couple more of interest, a TJK with no serial or series, and a "no nothing" rifle.

The Sergeant Schultz 'no knothink' rifle has Nagoya proofs elsewhere, indicating Nagoya mfg.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
2,409 Posts
No question as to legitimacy. It be very hard to remove an arsenal logo and it not go unnoticed. Nagoya logos are especially deep. Sellers' starting price is way too high IMO. It may fetch slightly more than a comparalble rifle with the arsenal logo, just as an oddity.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
Right Mike,
no doubt an original "mistake"; one has to wonder how it got past inspection.

Rifle might bring more $$ if complete with the Nagoya stamp; always the hint of possible skulduggery with the missing stamp, JMHO.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,409 Posts
I would figure that with a growing number of noted rifles missing series marks and manufaturer logos wether these were ever in consideration during inspection or in light of lagging production. I agree, pure common examples are better and more reliable sellers. These require more specialized collectors, or the guy who already has damn near everything.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
There was talk in the "olden days" of making T-100 b'nets from regurlar, re-shapen T-30s with the end of the fuller TIG welded, the weld smoothed to the blade contour/refinished, and reblued and the logo stamped on top of the metal "handle, behind the guard. It may be that he was cutting blades at the cross guard or just forward and shortening the rear of the fuller This was done by Denny G., the CA sniper faker. I was told that a TIG weld would blue just like the original blue?

One seller I've noted at shows with a "no arsenal" rifle also had a 99 short with a longer barrel. Roy (Riceone) noted the front sight had been removed and an insert added. "Are they "True or False?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts