Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a very nice looking Sistema yesterday, was asking about markings on the C&R email list and a reply came back that the import mark was that of the Lipsey's batch.

I thought "couldn't be!" but the more I look, indeed, it very well might be. While markings are clear and not really rounded, the "Militar de Armas" is weak at the top of the letters. I'll post pics a bit later, but in the interim, did this importer ever bring in Argentine Sistema Colts prior to the last couple of years?

It's import marked by R.S.A. Enterprises Inc. Ocean City, NJ.

My slide is marked: FM in two circles, Fabrica Militar de Armas Portatiles - Rosario. (These are spelled out, it's not the common initials DGFM-FMAP.)

I didn't get hurt, even if it is refinished, as the price I paid was akin to that of a decent shooter. But I'm as curious as can be about this pistol. If indeed a Lipsey's, wish I could find out who did the work on this and buy some more!

TIA,
SlimTim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, it's a Lipseys. On the plus side, you have a slide marking that is fairly UNCOMMON - the FM in circles...I've been looking for one of those for a long time now.

I ordered two of the Lipseys Sistemas but sent them back after seeing their condition.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea - there were a number of Lipsey's that were just fine. I had no complaints with the ones I received. YYMV

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now - Pics

Here's a couple of quick pics.

See why I thought "Lipseys? No way!"

SlimTim

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So what's the deal on the slide markings? Any more skinny Cacique500? Anyone? All the M27's I've seen previously had the DGFM FMAP on the slide, nothing like this one.

View attachment 7913

SlimTim

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sistema Colt

According to Clawson these were made for commercial use and issue to police and other government units. The other DGFMAP marked pistols were for the army. FWIW......phredp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sistema Colt Markings

I am new to the forum, but I think I can help with this subject. The Sistema Colt pistols with serial number from 24001 up to approximately 110000 were marked on the left side of the slide D.G.F.M.-(F.M.A.P.). After that poin until the end of production, they were marked as shown in the pictures on this thread, which means with the "FM" logo and the inscription FABRICA MILITAR DE ARMAS PORTATILES-ROSARIO / SISTEMA COLT CAL 11,25MM-INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice Score Slim Tim!

I like my Sistemas. Trigger pull needs some work, but they have all run great for me, and make me think of Obendorf Mausers in the way they were made, well made. Some were just rode too hard and put away wet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sistema Colt

My sistema Colt with the FM in double circles on the left sode of the slide is Ser # 84xxx unfired with 3 mags serialed to the pistol. FWIW........phredp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sistema Colt s/n 84XXX

Phredp: Could you please post pictures of your Sistema Colt s/n 84XXX, the one marked with the FM logo? This pistol obviously is very interesting and an exception to the rule. Can you tell us if the serial number that appears on the chamber is marked perpendicular to the axis of the bore, or in the same direction? Thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
sistema colt

Error in the previous post, The Fm is in one circle not double circles. Dont know how to post pics but can send them to your e mail address and possibly you could post them for the forum members. Will take pics when i get your e mail address.......thanks......phredp
P. S.
Chuck Clawson has seen this pistol and seemed quite impressed with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts