Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the guys on the Martini forum said it's not Martini, but they agree it looks similar, so I'm figuring it could be for a MLM or MLE...

Then again, I also think it looks a little like a Belgian Mauser nosecap I saw once. Any ID help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes it is off the Lee Metford MKI or I* with couple/few of parts missing from it sadly. PM sent but if it doesn't arrive can you eMail me please? I'm trying to put one of these Met MK's together and need parts to complete. If anyone else has any parts loose for the same can they also drop me a line. Cheers.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got your PM. This is just one of a few hundred mystery parts I got in a great big box of parts. A gunsmith who'd sporterized a lot of military rifles passed on, and all the treasures were in a box in a closet. Apparently despite chopping the wood, he never threw the hardware away, just piled it up.

Chances are moderate if not good I might have a complete set of bits... Only problem being I have no idea what they're supposed to look like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts