Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy that would sell me an IJ70-18AH for $150. if its in good condition should I jump on it? comes with 3 mags, single and double stack he says. if it all looks good and checks out ok Im thinking about jumping on it, are there particular things I should ask for pictures of?

Miles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is the text that he sent me:

All following info is on the left side of the gun:
It says...
IJ70-18AH (model, I think)

Made In Russia by IMEZ
and in real faint lettering, dot-matrix style font, it says

M0A1162 (serial number I think). This number is in the same font, for the slide and also the frame of the gun.

There is also a hard-stamped number on the frame, above the rubber stocks: RS06694 (this may be the serial... I don't know).

All the following info is on the right side of the gun.

It says:

Cal.9mm Makarov

K.B.I.

ING.HBG.PA

·
Administrator
8,020 Posts
Nah, I'd pass and give ME the guy's contact info.

That is a Great Deal. Go immediately to this person and buy this pistol. The IJs (commercial models) of the Makarovs are not regarded highest because of their adjustable sights, but in reality they are Maks with all parts interchangeable with other models. They go for well over $200. Good deal. 3 mags? They are worth $20 each nowdays.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I told him if the pics show its in decent shape then its sold!

so if all the parts are interchangeable with all other MAKS then could I change the slide for a non-adjustable sight? also if this gun has had a lot of rounds put through it could I change the barrel and firing pin? or would I need to?

If you have the money, this is good to very good buy.
are you on corvetteforum.com? both your pics are on there used by the same user

Miles

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
this is the text that he sent me:

All following info is on the left side of the gun:
It says...
IJ70-18AH (model, I think)

Made In Russia by IMEZ
and in real faint lettering, dot-matrix style font, it says

M0A1162 (serial number I think). This number is in the same font, for the slide and also the frame of the gun.

There is also a hard-stamped number on the frame, above the rubber stocks: RS06694 (this may be the serial... I don't know).

All the following info is on the right side of the gun.

It says:

Cal.9mm Makarov

K.B.I.

ING.HBG.PA

That sounds like a hi-cap Makarov to me. If so, 8 round mags will work OK, but the hi-cap ones are better, but more expensive too. I carry one of these on a regular basis.

Mike

·
Administrator
8,020 Posts
The gov't bailed out GM.. Debatable. But we have the right to support the forum. Where's your money IJ? You seem to have a high standard on who spends what for what.

With 6,000 posts you've beat almost anyone on Gunboards. Why do you frequent Gunboards?

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
As most know I'm not a fan of the Russian commercial Maks but a Hi-Cap for $150. I do remember myself and another unnamed member on here passing them up quiet a bit less than that. Now days I'll gurantold you for either of us to pass one up at the price it'd have to be a basket case but if it had to orig. Russian hi-cap mags in good condition it would follow either of us home.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.