Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
It was established by serious Balkan researchers that the "Balkan font" has no serifs and the proportions are different. Must be true since it is already on the Net.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, then let's put it this way: What does the "X" mean? LOL. I don't believe in "Balkan fonts" either. Blasphemy I know. I just figured this X might be Balkan in origin. And I use the term "Balkan" rather than listing all the various countries there because I guess I am lazy!

JPS might skin me for it so I should be more careful!

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,944 Posts
This "X" has been brought up a few times. If there is a positive identification, I am not aware of its origin.

I am aware that every time an inquiry arises, I do get to use the Russian Capture joke.

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
This "X" has been brought up a few times.... I do get to use the Russian Capture joke.
Lots of people see crossed rifles in the X on some K98k. And then the "crossed rifles" are escalated to the level of a definitive Russian proof. This ain't a joking matter for the Luger collectors who believe that the Bulgarian-marked Lugers with X-rifles are actually Russian. Their wrath when the "Russianness" of the X-rifles is questioned can only be described by a literary genius like Jerome K. Jerome (from "Idle Thoughts..."):

There are various methods by which you may achieve ignominy and shame. By murdering a large and respected family in cold blood and afterward depositing their bodies in the water companies' reservoir, you will gain much unpopularity in the neighborhood of your crime, and even robbing a church will get you cordially disliked, especially by the vicar. But if you desire to drain to the dregs the fullest cup of scorn and hatred that a fellow human creature can pour out for you, let a young mother hear you call dear baby "it."

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This "X" has been brought up a few times. If there is a positive identification, I am not aware of its origin.

I am aware that every time an inquiry arises, I do get to use the Russian Capture joke.
Thank you gentlemen! Now that I'm in on the joke, it will appear as a "Russian Capture" mark in my ad.

I kind of like the X. Looks like a half-hearted stab at the Czar on this particular barrel shank, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.