Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to buy a RC kar98 mod98 for less than 200.00?? if so can anyone tell me where cause id like to get one. ive really wanted a ww2 german mauser for a long time cause ive got a 1918 eurfurt kar 98 ww1, so now i need a ww2 mauser.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks aim is a great site theyve got the .308 enfields for 100.00. where can i buy the israeli mod98s in .308?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just so you know I had good luck with IO on theirs which cost $199 without shipping. Ended up with a very nice AR43. Plus IOs import mark is very small which is really nice in my opinion. Also just picked up a $63 1944 M44 from them and it too is a nice rifle. As for the Israeli K98s, I would give Century Int'l a call as they have had them listed on their site.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
where can i buy the israeli mod98s in .308?
beware of the century ones, and in fact all recent imports of the Isreali 308's as they spent time in south america and are not in very nice shape, and often have rust and bore problems. If you want a shooter 308 I would stick with the Enfields, they will be ugly looking in some respects, but in functionality they will be much better than the Israelis in general.

As for 98k's if your budget is a problem try a Yugo Capture instead of an RC. The Yugos are still originally German, just have been scrubbed of markings. They will be in as good of condition as the RC's just without the markings, and will be about $50 less than an RC.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
L.B.J. picked up an extra nice one with sling and cleaning rod at the gunshow yesterday for around $150.00. It was a 1937 with original walnut stock and handguard. I'll let him tell you more about it when he gets the chance.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do i find out how much century arms prices are? if the israeli 98s are 150.00 or less in poor shape id get one but can any one tell me about Product ID: RI680-PI
Carb Steyr 95/34 Poor Misc. Parts on their web page?
who ever bought a k98 for 150.00 is very lucky.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Just so you know I had good luck with IO on theirs which cost $199 without shipping. Ended up with a very nice AR43. Plus IOs import mark is very small which is really nice in my opinion. Also just picked up a $63 1944 M44 from them and it too is a nice rifle. As for the Israeli K98s, I would give Century Int'l a call as they have had them listed on their site.
How are the import marks on the M44's they have?

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
If you want a .308 Israeli mauser, got to Samco, I think they have some for descent prices. As for IO, they ran out of all mausers. None left from what they told me. Right now AIM is your best bet. I wouldn't deal with Century direct, you may get junk.
BARQS19

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Just so you know I had good luck with IO on theirs which cost $199 without shipping.
No more $199.00 RCs at IO. Website has not been updated to the new 219.00 price.

Tried to order 24 RCs from IO this week and they said they did not have 24 rifles to sell me...

Tim

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
samco seems to be sold out of almost every thing i would want what is the difference between the k98 and the m98/48? what were there barreled actions for 109.95? can anyone tell me how much that centurys k98s are?

·
Registered
142 Posts
creepiE: YGPM

Thats a real bummer that IO is out of the K98s. Hopefully they get a new shipment soon as I found their price to be very nice and judging from the rifle i received along with pics (esp BARQS19's pile of them haha) they looked to be a nice shipment. Anyone know if they have any more coming?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
creepiE: YGPM

Thats a real bummer that IO is out of the K98s. Hopefully they get a new shipment soon as I found their price to be very nice and judging from the rifle i received along with pics (esp BARQS19's pile of them haha) they looked to be a nice shipment. Anyone know if they have any more coming?
I'm having doubts.

Doubt they would have turned down an order for 24 rifles if there were more coming in soon.

tim

·
Gold Bullet member
2,208 Posts
There is one on hte trader right now for $175

·
Registered
603 Posts
just remember the $219 price will soon seem very cheap when the supply is gone and it will not last forever. Prices then will sky rocket.

One word of warning. I just bought a 1944 DOT gun (actually made by the
Czechs for the Germans) I have never thought much of Czech guns and this one proved to be no exception, it had a brand new but bad sear, bad extractor and a bad follower. After these parts were either replaced or worked on (the extractor) the gun then functioned and fed as it should and despite the "mint" but not properly lapped barrel it did shoot very accurately with cast bullets but as to be expected did pick up a tad more jacketed fouling than I would have liked.

If you buy an RC stick with the German made guns as the quality was much higher, especially in the early war guns, but then again not many of the early war guns have mint barrels either, as most have been damaged by corrosive ammo.

The above post about the rebuilt Yugo German made 98 is very true as they are the same guns without the German markings. I have one and judging from its workmanship was an early war German gun that was re-barreled with a mint and highly polished lapped barrel that shines like a mirror inside, this is the difference between the Czech made gun I have and the "real deal" ,an early war German gun with a mint barrel. As to be expected you could not get a more accurate rifle with such an outstanding "none corrosive damaged barrel".

When you buy one with a corrosive damaged barrel its basically a "wall hanger" as it will foul out with the first few shots fired through it. This may not be noticed with junk surplus corrosive ammo but with good match grade hand loads you will see the groups open up when the barrel fouls out. This is one of the reasons I bought my rifle at a gun show, I paid $200 for it but expected to pay more, and would have paid more, so I could get one with a mint bore. As Col. Townsend Whelen once said, "only accurate rifles are interesting" and you will not get precision accuracy from a corrosive damaged barrel even if it is only frosted.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i like czech guns esp my vz58 dummy gun and my m98/22 the long rifle is one of my most accurate guns with like new rifling although i cant say the same for my vz24 these barrels are rough but they still perform well, for a k98 i would agree 100% german would be great for me but not a requirement, steyrs are another great arsenal.

·
Silver Bullet member
3,034 Posts
If the DOT44 was a RC, then how could you complain about the bad extractor and bad follower as these arnt orig to the gun?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good point i have noticed in past experiences rifles with matching numbers perform a whole lot better than rifles ive built out of parts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts