Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
No, the finger grooves and the shape of the fore arm are different.

Best choice is watch the online auctions for an authentic one, or buy a repro from Numrich.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,654 Posts
If I read your question correctly, the answer is yes, it is possible to use a T99 stock [or T38] and modify it into a shorter length "Carbine" stock. When I get back to my computer I'll post a picture of a T99 with a 17 inch barrel. O3man has made a T99 [or T38, I forget which] look like a M1 Carbine stock, a very nice conversion.

Chuck
PS. Don, I hope It was ok to mention your conversion

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
I ass-umed that he wanted to make a T 38 carbine stock.

99 carbines can be made for sure! The M1 clone is a T 38; the extended magazine is a shorter T 99 short rifle.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Dean,
Yep. There wern't nothing original left on the sacrifical victims shown. Both stocks and barrels of each had been cut down by an unknown bubba the younger. Just call me bubba the older.

I still think an original sewer pipe is better than a switched out bbl on a matching 44. Not to mention the slim chance of finding the replacement bbl to begin with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.