Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that most parts are interchangeable between the two and they use the same sized frame. It seems to me that the biggest obstacle would be the firing pin. Has anyone ever done or attempted this?

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,606 Posts
I'm sure somebody has - but why? Other than an exercise in ingenuity. It isn't as if the .22 versions are as hard to find as piles of Unicorn poop or anything like that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did you have to crush my dreams with your logic!!:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Converting a centerfire wheelgun to 22 ain't that hard. If your project has a removable firing pin you can just make a blade type for the conversion. If it's not a replaceable firing pin it'd involve slicing off the original with a dremel, cutting a groove in the hammer face, and silver soldering in a blade. Odds are good that the firing pin tunnel in the frame would need modified to accept the new firing pin as well.

I've converted a Nagant (7.62mm) and an American Arms (38 S&W). The Nagant was the more difficult of the two, despite its removable firing pin.

·
Read Only
4,629 Posts
A buddy of mine had a whole box full of break-action barrels and frames, most with bad pitting. We lined these barrels with a section of .22 tube, and made up a run of SA/DA single shot pocket pistols. Some of them are still floating around the San Antonio gun show circuit. Wish I'd kept my last one....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.