Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are some dings on the butt stock (Elm wood), and some rust spots on the butt plate. The receiver, and front stock look pretty good on your pic.
--> just a sign of bad storage, but no sign of excessive wear. She was put away wet...
--> no sign of 'ridden hard' ! From Trigger guard onwards, your Yugo looks pretty good !

I've next to me a 1949 FN-made Belgian Congo --> that's a totally different level of 'rust' and 'wear'.

hope this is helpful, Chris
The bands holding the handguard on don’t fit properly and I can see why. The front one is stuck and doesn’t come off so it must be forced on. I managed to get the magazine out and everything under the wood line is covered in thick cosmoline and the cosmoline is full of sand and rocks
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive wheel system Bicycle part Auto part

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's standard wear from 50+ years of storage. Just needs a cleaning job.
...'everything under the wood line is covered in thick cosmoline'... --> that's basically a very good sign:
  • cosmoline is used for long-time storage --> so she wasn't shot for a very long time
  • cosmoline prevents rust very efficiently
  • disadvantage: cosmoline is quite hard to remove

The important question is: What is the barrel condition???

Chris
looks about the same as the exterior of the rifle. Was black when I got it but it cleaned up. Looks frosty still, won’t win any beauty contests

1 - 4 of 4 Posts