Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
393 Posts
I am not really sure if it is even worth arguing about. It is certainly shorter than a Gew98 but the same/similar length of other rifles.

Hambone's point of the differences in the G43 vs K43 is of course correct (there aren't any for those few here who do not know this)

This is kinda the same "value" of an argument as when I was "yelled" at for calling an MP44 an assault rifle and that it should not be put in a SMG comparison - by one who lived and breathed that the Germans were correct in any designation they gave a weapon. (the entire story of the "hiding" of the continued development of the Mkb42(H) over Hitler's objections was lost on him)

So I guess I am trying to make my point and then move on . . . . . . . you gonna include the MP44 series in your carbine article?

· Gold Bullet member
393 Posts
From what I read, you are correct. It is just that some people compare the MP43/44 series with SMGs - the pistol cartridge type - when most people would plainly consider that apples and oranges - just because of the MP in the name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.