Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
Joined
·
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built an Iraqi standard underfolder infantry rifle Tabuk clone. I just used the battlefield finish (or lack there of) vs doing a shiny finish. I re-barreled it, so it has a nice bore and shoots well. It required a few extra steps and some weld up and finish work to get it in Iraqi clone form.
The Tabuk is basically a Yugoslavian M70 series rifle that the Yugoslavians sold the parts, rifles and tooling to the Iraqi's who later started their own production. I have a short rifle and a long barrel DMR in the works as well.




 

·
Silver Bullet Member
Joined
·
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talk to me about that rear sight base
An engraver friend did several RSB's for me. Also the selector markings and I had him add a '2' in front of the existing serial number as the Iraqi's used 7 digit serial numbers vs the Yugo rifles that use 5 or 6 digit serials. The 2 million series is for rifles in the 1987 production era.
Other types like the shorty Tabuk and the DMR used different serial number starting digit.
They also had spot welds on their receivers at certain points and I may use an end mill to simulate those at some point. Also the pistiol grip would have a flatter bottom and a round mold mark on the upper smooth portion above the grip lines. I'll likely fix that as well.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top