1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From UTEFANS.NET

NEWSFLASH: Iraqi shoe-thrower commits to BYU

Dateline: Monday 15 December 2008, at 01:01 pm

PROVO (UTAH) UPI-Brigham Young University announced today that Mohammad-Al-Aktil, the journalist who threw two shoes at President George W. Bush yesterday in a press conference in Iraq has signed a national letter of intent to play quarterback at BYU.

Head coach Bronco Mendenhall proudly made the announcement just after 12 noon today. "As anyone who has watched the news in the past 24 hours can attest to, Mohammad has a very accurate arm and his form and follow through are exceptional for someone who has never actually watched a football game in his life."

Mendenhall added that Al-Aktil got not one, but two missiles past the secret service. "Okay, maybe they hadn't schemed for that first throw" the Las Vegas-bowl-bound coach stated. "But everybody in the room knew that second one was coming, and he still got it past the defense."

Mendenhall noted that while both throws fell incomplete, the fact that nobody in the crowded room intercepted either of them impressed him greatly."If our current starter at quarterback could have just thrown five incompletions instead of five interceptions, we would have beaten Utah and would be heading to the Las Vegas bowl to play a middle-tier PAC 10 team instead of...oh wait, nevermind."

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=241123

"Who throws a shoe? Honestly!"
-Austin Powers

Gotta give it to Bush, he's got some mad ninja reflexes. And he was kinda almost smiling as he popped up again, like he's not really all that surprised at having a shoe chucked at him :D

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
That dude does have a good arm and a good aim.....nearly nailed'em square in the nose..
It was Funny enough as it happened....but it would've been HALLARIOUS if it found it's target!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
yeah.. won't be sad to see him leave though will ya DT?
I don't think he's too torn up about it either. These last few months he's seemed resigned to the fact that most of the world hates him.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Wes, are your Utes ready for a Crimson Tide beatin' in Nawlins?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I don't think he's too torn up about it either. These last few months he's seemed resigned to the fact that most of the world hates him.
I'm sure you're happy to learn that Hussein Obama has already announced he's reaching out to Muslims to improve relations.

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
ERIC, I'm really enjoying your Signature line......that 'ole MauserBoy is Wise in his young age isn't he???......Wise Indeed!!!......:)

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I would vote for him a FIFTH time if it was allowed. The world hates us, because we finally had a president who did a lot of the things I have wanted: put AMERIC first, our SAFETY first, and told the world to **** off. The same idiots on here trashing bush, are the same ones who doubtless under clinton wished we had a president who would stand for this country. Well, we had one, and we did not deserve it. If we fall tot he muslim-extremist tide, its because we deserve to.

He was a great president. Hopefully someday I can meet him and tell him myself.

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
I would vote for him a FIFTH time if it was allowed. The world hates us, because we finally had a president who did a lot of the things I have wanted: put AMERIC first, our SAFETY first, and told the world to **** off. The same idiots on here trashing bush, are the same ones who doubtless under clinton wished we had a president who would stand for this country. Well, we had one, and we did not deserve it. If we fall tot he muslim-extremist tide, its because we deserve to.

He was a great president. Hopefully someday I can meet him and tell him myself.
What else do you want to do to Bush????....since you love him so much???

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
Bush, like Reagan was incredibly unpopular by the end of his 2nd term, he was not without scandal or controversy, and financial crises. Yet today, the general consensus is that Reagan was amongst out greatest presidents. Will W.'s legacy be as good as Reagan? Perhaps not, but I am very confident that history will be kind to George W. Bush.

I think that history is kind to those who stand for something, even if it happens to be contrare to what I or many other people believe. People like Reagan, JFK, FDR, TR, and such, are remembered well because they believed and practiced what they said. Guys like Clinton or Nixon, are not remembered well(despite scandal) because they believed in little more than their own advancement. George Bush believes in something, whether I or anyone else thinks it's right, is irrelevant. It is because he has stood by his convictions, that he will be remembered favorably.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Ghost kitty, You think it would have been hilarious? Do you also think it would have been hilarious after the Iraqi security got hold of him if he had managed it?
You seem to be out of touch with reality. People in that part of the world can get nasty.

Hey, look at the bright side, In about 31 days you will have your messiah. I would advise you not to laugh at him. could be very unhealthy.

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
For the Shoe to NAIL BUSH SQUARE ON THE NOSE.......would've been Hallarious!!!!!......yes.......is that clear enough.

Seems I've gotten under your skin John......didn't mean to......:)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Jay Leno is calling this guy a shuicide bomber! Arabs belive that throwing shoes is insulting because their feet STINK.

Confucious sez; that the same backwards people use the fingers on their left hand (to wipe their azzes) instead of buying toilet paper...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
5,787 Posts
The world hates an honest and courageous man.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
"Shoes fly? Don't bother me..."

Would have been a really cool (bordering on Teddy Roosevelt, I-got-shot-but-I'm-gonna-finish-my-damned-speech cool) move for Bush to have nonchalantly ordered the guy released then and there.

"It's okay, he missed, I'm all right. Go easy on him, boys. Take him outside and turn him loose. Wouldn't have hurt me even if he'd connected, 'cause he throws like a girl." :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.