#1 ·
Old photo's same beat-up rifles.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
1922 rebarreled in 1940.

Attachments

#6 ·
Sorry for the grease, I know it offends the majority.

Attachments

#8 ·
Again these bores are perfect.

Attachments

#14 ·
Demo,

They are indeed lovely. A set of consecutives to boot - wow. Thanks for sharing. Are these in Australia or the US? I've not taken note of your location in the world. However, I did noticed what looks like importers mark on one of the barrels, but on no other. There is hope for me if they are in the US.

Thanks, Shannon

#16 ·
Shannon that is indeed a jjco import stamp but my rifles and I are in Australia. A shipment of rifles destined for the US and stamped as such like this one didn't depart and never reached American shores. I'm not sure of the reasons but we Australians are certainly glad they didn't.

#17 ·
Demo,

Ah, interesting. Well lucky shipment stayed in country. I wonder if it has to do with placement of the import stamp. I don't ever recall seeing JJ Jovino stamps in that location. They are usually on the charger bridge base - IIRC. Our BATFE has continually change the method and placement of import stamps to the point they are really obvious and ugly. But that's the gun game here. On the upside it helps determine when a particular gun was imported into the US. Again, thanks for sharing.

Shannon

#18 ·
G'day Demo,

Mate, I'm disappointed in that tired, mismatched rifle, among those lovely matched examples. I think the only right thing to do would be to take it away to stop it 'bringing down the values of the neighbourhood'! Nah, just kidding, they're lovely rifles and I thank you for sharing them electronically.

Cheers,
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.