Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1905 Ishevsk a while back. It is pretty interesting in that it's German Deutsches Reich property marked on the stock. It retains the magazine sling swivel and it's not import marked. Today I decided to remove the action from the stock, and found a very interesting trigger set up. It has an extra leaf that attaches directly to the sear. Another is clearly identified by 7.62x54r.net. There it is speculated that it is Finnish, but I wonder if it's actually German. My rifle shows no evidence of any other known Finnish characteristic, just the German stamp. Has anyone else seen this type of trigger before?

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
I've seen somebody post a trigger set like that before. It's been a few years since I've seen one. I think, but am not sure, that LottaMosins may have posted one like this. But, I do remember seeing the dual spring trigger.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen somebody post a trigger set like that before. It's been a few years since I've seen one. I think, but am not sure, that LottaMosins may have posted one like this. But, I do remember seeing the dual spring trigger.
They do seem rare. I'll see if I can find another example. I kind of think this may be a German modification rather than a Finnish modification.

·
Administrator
12,271 Posts
Similar solution in simulating a two-stage trigger by adding a spring on Comblain Mle 1870:

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Here's an older thread that mentions the two spring trigger. A photo of one is on the second page. I'll link to the second page.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Why did you remove them? They seem to be exceedingly rare according to 7.62x54r.net. Of course, there may have been more examples turn up since that page has published, but I doubt that many. Do you have photo's of the springs? If you do, then I'll take mine apart for comparison.
I bought a couple on Ebay long time ago and removed one for exactly that reason - rarity ( it was an accidental finding on a beat-up rifle I did not intend to keep - multiple lot)
Looks exactly as the one on Ruprecht rifle, interestingly on one of the triggers the pin was so lose it kept falling out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.