Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for info on something else, I ran across this photo of a TT33 I used to own but long ago sold. I had found it in an antique shop in Moss Landing, CA. The pistol was a 1942 Tok, well used, zero finish. What had intrigued me the most was the holster and the Soviet star on it. It was modified to fit on US webgear. Then I didn't know what to make of all of it; today I would estimate a Korean War capture. I paid $100 for it, and sure wish I had kept it!

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hate hindsight.......That was a real nice Tok set,AND FOR 100$$$.I had picked up a couple of Victory S&W back in the 80's.They were FTR,excellent condition Ausie lend lease.Ithink a pair was under 100.00 . Now i see them for 500-700 dollars.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,581 Posts
Neat gun Badash, I passed on a similar gun priced at $200 about 10 years ago. It was just so rough and bare metal I could not bring myself to spend the cash. I would pay twice or more for it today.

Those poncho liners were like gold when I was in. Hard to get, find and expensive. You could not get one from the system but they could be had in Fayettenam for one and a half day's pay. I had a poncho liner that one of my CIA trained fellow SF trooper stole. It was in my Ready packed for an alert duffle bag(1 hour response) from the team room. Several of them guys could pick any lock around, including the team room door, as I know nobody from my team did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts