Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Japanese 70mm Bn. howitzer that I discovered in the ridges of Peleliu. Nearby was a case full of rounds for the gun and human remains.

-Eric

·
Registered
477 Posts
Do you know if it is very expensive to get to Peleliu from the Philippines?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Eric, If any of us were to go to Peleliu would we first have to go to a tourist center to get
permission to go around the island,like "get a guide" to show us around ? In your case it
seems like you know the ropes and get to places the average tourist wouldn`t know about.
Do you always have a guide with you on your forays into the jungle or up on the ridges?

Charlie

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric, If any of us were to go to Peleliu would we first have to go to a tourist center to get
permission to go around the island,like "get a guide" to show us around ? In your case it
seems like you know the ropes and get to places the average tourist wouldn`t know about.
Do you always have a guide with you on your forays into the jungle or up on the ridges?

Charlie
I never have a guide on Peleliu. The few exceptions were when I was showing the Peleliu guides some of the sites that I had found so they can take treckers to the spot. As a battlefield researcher, I explore areas using archival aerial photos and official battle action reports that often include grid coordinates that I can use on my official battle map for orientation etc.

-Eric

·
Registered
208 Posts
Eric, Thanks for the informative reply regarding whether or not a guide was required when
you did your battlefield research.Now we all know who to hire should we come up with a group of us entertaining the thought of a trans ocean trip to Pelelui. LOL!

·
Banned
1,487 Posts
Eric you should should advise when you plan to return I'm sure a few would enjoy treking along

1 - 9 of 9 Posts