Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a recent estate. Never seen one like this. Very good quality with a very heavy tube. Turret caps are metal. The reticle is POSP style ranging. Paper works says type 56.Marked made in China. There is a lens brush and grey filter in the case. No mounts. Scope body is 1 inch. What say you??
Gas Air gun Tool Machine Engineering
Audio equipment Gadget Cutlery Gear shift Brush
Sleeve Webbing Khaki Beige Electric blue

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fun piece of gear. IIRC, Norinco made these for the SKS “Sniper” version, just a marketing gimmick for U.S. sales. Something along the lines of a SKS ”paratrooper“ version, another way of boosting sales when the standard SKS was selling for $79.00.

How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Like I said before, fun piece of gear. Last picture looks like it had the Russian mount, the mount on the left side of the receiver. Can’t remember if the Chinese made those.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,186 Posts
Wow, Super cool. What kind of reticule does it have?
They have a typical cross hair reticule.
A few that were more uncommon had the inverted chevron.
Most common 2.75 or 4 power.
There were a several other optics types offered as well.

Older post with info and pics hete.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
that is a commercial scope that was exported in the early 90s.

but, you only have one half of it, the other half would have been the dove tail scope mount that went on a SKS rail, that was riveted on the left side of the receiver, like the COWBOY COMPANION

nice score, you don't see those for sale. maybe your luck will hold up and you'll find the scope mount.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I remember those all back in the day, people thought they were actually buying military sniper accessorites, and they were a novelty at best, especially the lower power scopes.

Not to say they didn't work, but, they are more valuable now than I ever thought made up accessories would ever be worth.

Totally made for the American sucker market.

Bannermans comes to mind.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,186 Posts
The scoped Chinese rifles were unique., and actually at the time., there were virtually no scoped SKS or AK rifles and even optics for the AR15 were uncommon until the flattop railed versions appeared.

And dumb, lucky or smart I bought several of the scoped rifles and AK accepting Model D and Type 84 etc., when Val Forgett from Navy Arms was at the local Gun Shows and also purchased a number of the scopes and eye pieces and accessories.

Sold them off over the past 5- 7 years for quite a bit over the purchase price.

I kept several of the scoped SKS rifles though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts