Gunboards Forums banner

interesting crest

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Matt Norman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
that's a "Carabineros" carbine. They were some kind of "elite" military unit. Looks correct, but not a lot of photos. Have info on another sale at the same price.

#5 ·
Couple of years ago I went to Camp Perry (as a spectator) during the ramp up to Nationals week. Went into the Armalite building and come across a rack full of very nice collector type stuff. I believe it was the collection of the father of the principal of Armalite (?). As I recall there were some Garands, M-1 Carbines, 03's, 03-A3's, and two of these very Mausers. They were ~$300 and it took me ten minutes of ****-fingering to decide upon one. They were both matching, bright bores, but had some honest exterior wear. The one I eventually selected (and still have) was in the 59XX range. The sling is not numbered but I believe it to be the original.

Had I been a bit brighter back then I would have bought them both!

#7 ·
Did someone else post a live auction that was deleted in this thread? The auction link that PhysDoc2 posted closed on the 7th and he posted it on the 8th so it can't be his link. I'm not wanting to know details. Just asking for clarification is all.

#8 ·
For Windage and all interested , Carabineros in Chile is the National Police, the only police in the country; the exceptional aspect is that even though being a police force it has the same level of the Army, Air Force and Navy , becuse it is considered an armed force and not a police force-The example is that when Allende was ousted by Pinochet's coup in 1973 the Junta had a member of Carabineros that had the same level as his colleagues from air, sea and land-

#11 ·
Happens I encountered one of these today just in to a local gunshop. Serial number in the 99xx range. ALL matching right down to the cleaning rod. Shows lots of finish wear and some minor pitting in exposed places. Bore is decent but needs some scrubbing. Otherwise all original and $385. If interested call D&D Guns, Clawson Michigan, 248 583 1512. Ask for Dan. I will vouch for him as being 'straight arrow' to deal with. I'm passing as the one I have in the safe is a bit better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.