Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
So the answer is........take up needle-point.

Very discouraging for the prospects of cheapo ammo days again...

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,787 Posts
Unfortunately, he is right on many points. Perhaps it will become cheaper in the future, but how long away is it going to be and wat do you do in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yeah, Shea may be right. He makes some good points. But personally.......my only problem is that I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sun came up in the morning.:cool:

·
Copper Bullet member
191 Posts
Just became interested in 22 cal. Mossberg rifles. There are many different models but get this..... PMC ammo made in spain. Winchester ammo made in Australia.
I was really surprised about the Winchester stuff.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Back when I bought 4 cases of 8mm Yugo for $50.00 a case the CIA rep told me that to expect the same ammo to become $25.00 a round. I was skeptical and didn't I should have bought 10 cases. Then I bought Bulgarian HB for $30.00 a tin.Then I scrambled and bought more. I sure wished I bought more of the Yugo 54R @ $60.00 per 480.

I'm finished with the ammo buying. I've got enough.The value has increased so as to overcome the interest rates on my loan for a few years just by today's prices , if you can find the ammo anymore.

BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
58,787 Posts
Just became interested in 22 cal. Mossberg rifles. There are many different models but get this..... PMC ammo made in spain. Winchester ammo made in Australia.
I was really surprised about the Winchester stuff.

There was Winchester ammo made in the Czeck Republic. Everything is going global

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
i can't even imagine 50 cal going for 25 bucks a round. what kind of round was he talking about?

·
58,787 Posts
I almost purchased a 50 cal a couple of years ago, but backed out because of the then cost of ammo. Considering how much it has went up, I am glad I don't have one.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,912 Posts
Second article is much better articulated and feels more researched. And less partisan.

What is Kola up to? I sent stars and stripes 300 rounds of nagant pistol brass 2 months ago and i or my father makes follow up calls every 2 weeks. He has it, but they haven't processed it yet, what is that company doing now? Something about moving the company... of course right when i want to do business. But 2 months?

·
58,787 Posts
The link is interesing. As both point out, there are a number of factors that affect the price. I don't expect prices to gp back to the level of two years ago in the near future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts