Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
general question about reloading.....

I shoot 7.62X39 , 7.62X54 , 30.06 , 9mm Luger , .40S&W , .38 , .357 , 7.5 Swiss and British .303. I may get an AR soon and will want to look at .223 & 5.56 as well.

My questions begin with the press:

Is there a single press that will be well suited for all of these?

I know I will need dies for all calibers, but which press?

Is it wise to reload cheap pistol calibers for plinking? - or just buy it?

I have never done this so I am aware that there is alot of reading that I still need to do on the technical aspect of reloading, but I am trying to get an idea of what I will need and ballpark of how much cost is involved. I dont hunt, or try for MOA, I just like shooting.

Any advice and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Merry CHRISTmas!

David

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rather than asking alot more uninformed questions now, would it be a good idea to go ahead and get a manual or other book on the topic? what should i start out with?

Thank you, and Merry CHRISTmas

David

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you so much for the information and opinions, I am gonna order those books and read before I buy uninformed.

That said, I think I will be going with a progressive type press for plinking and maybe a single stage for rifle loads and accuracy.....it seems to me that the fewer moving parts to the press, the more accurate the finished product should be???

So, if anyone has one they want to get rid of, let me know,

Thanks again, and happy New Year!

David

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I am located near Atlanta GA.

Anyone willing to let me watch and take notes would be greatly appreciated.

After reading ALOT about different presses, I am leaning toward a Redding T-7 press. This is a turret style press, but is an "O" type and doesnt flex like the RCBS one.....and can be used as a single stage press "rockchucker" type operation.

Any flaws in my reasoning?

Thanks,
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.