Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
4,823 Posts
.... Pay a little more for quality up front its worth it.
That's the reason I went with an RL550B from Dillon. Everyone has their preferences and there are lots of good equipment choices out there... I don't know that I would say that any are 'bad'. I like the progressive feature because you can pound out 400-500 handgun rounds per hour. I do about 300 rounds per hour of .223 and about 200+ rounds per hour of 30-06 and other larger calibers. The larger calibers tend to take a bit longer because of the effort involved with full length sizing of the brass.

Many people believe your first press ought to be a single stage. While there is logic in that approach, I could not follow the advice because I knew that eventually I would want a progressive press and I'd end up spending more if I bought two presses rather than jumping directly to the progressive press. I'm glad I went with the Dillon RL550B even though the initial investment is definitely a bit pricier...

"Yes. It is wise to handload handgun calibers for plinking. You can also develop loads best suited for your weapon. "
This is excellent advice from armyrat1970

Oh, WELCOME to the Boards !!!

· Gold Bullet member
4,823 Posts
...Anyone willing to let me watch and take notes would be greatly appreciated.

After reading ALOT about different presses, I am leaning toward a Redding T-7 press. This is a turret style press, but is an "O" type and doesnt flex like the RCBS one.....and can be used as a single stage press "rockchucker" type operation.
Thanks, David
Burgie's utube videos are okay but I'm glad to read that you are still thinking about watching someone and getting some hands-on experience. It's like shooting....you can watch someone for a week or a month or a year but you don't REALLY know what it's like until you actually shoot yourself. Well...not shoot yourself but you know what I mean;):D

I think you'll be happy with the Redding. I have a Dillon 550 but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Redding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.