Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Japanese-marked Peabody Martini that is missing the rear sight ladder. A "never-met friend" gave me one for the cost of postge. The spring in the sight base is so strong I can't hold the sight ladder down to insert the cross retaining pin. My only recourse is to place a block of wood along the stock bottom, a smaller block of wood on the spring immediately in front of wher the ladder retaining/hinge pin goes through the sight base and use a "C" clamp to compress the spring. I'm worried that even with the wood along the stock bottom it could bel be deformed/crushed. Any other ideas?

· Registered
2,025 Posts
yuh all better send that thing over to Roy in Mississippi to be done right,before you destroy yer priceless piece of history monkeying around with some wal-mart tools.Even if you wait till his next get together its still better than messin up a rare gun using the wrong tools . Just my best suggestion of what you should do.

· Platinum Bullet member
19,393 Posts
There ya go Roy. Doss has a hard time thinking outside the box. He's barely figured out that you need to pull your trousers down before ya poop! ;)

· Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought you "gentlemen" (and I use that term very loosely) told me to not monkey with staked screws? I kinda like the way it is now, nail sticking out of one side of the hinge pin hole and the ladder cocked at an angle. Gives it that "fuzzy dice dangling from the rear view mirror" look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.