Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm actually in the process of closing and selling the home in the city and semi-retiring to the country "compound" that used to be more than one gas tank distance from the Hordes (vehicle range has improved). One of the first "official" steps was relocating a bunch of ammo.

I realized a week later the only .308 with me in the city now is 200 rounds of commercial hunting ammo.

Don't mess with me. ;-)

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
California borders in movies look like Berlin in b/w movies?
checking fruits?
I’ve never crossed or seen Mississippi!
so really never asked is it still going on this the normal? <>< dan
interState -transport...been bent before, bent during the depression area, and pot laws, gun laws , flue control systems on state lines<>< dan

·
copper Bullet Member
11,475 Posts
California borders in movies look like Berlin in b/w movies?
checking fruits?
I’ve never crossed or seen Mississippi!
so really never asked is it still going on this the normal? <>< dan
interState -transport...been bent before, bent during the depression area, and pot laws, gun laws , flue control systems on state lines<>< dan
Yes an it can be very intrusive at times and never a clam thing even if they just wave you thru the checkpoint. While were escaping that insane state they made us open up our trailer both going in an out every other time. The do pull cars into inspection zones claiming they do for agricultural reasons. I have seen some signs of metal and radiation detection equipment at some of the larger ones and youre always on camera Welcome to California! Papers!!!! Papers!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I keep my other stash in the hills in a cave that's usually guarded by a mountain lion.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,515 Posts
I keep my other stash in the hills in a cave that's usually guarded by a mountain lion.
A mountain lion can suffer from lead poisoning. ;) So need more details on the location.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I don't have a cave, but wish I did. I do have a couple underground large heavy wall polyethylene cistern tanks (approx. 1200 gallon) that could hold a lot of sealed ammo containers. A few bags of desiccant in there with the containers should keep the ammo good for as long as I'd need it. I'd let one or two of my heirs know the locations of the cisterns and how to dry out the desiccant after I'm beyond caring .

I've thought about burying a ten foot length of 6 foot diameter culvert in the side of a hill on my property as a makeshift cave. But I think sooner or later someone could eventually discover it and there would go what ever is inside.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
Guy tried to buy 3,000 rounds from me at top current prices?
i don’t sale ammo ..I’ve traded for ammo I needs with not needed..
i like the guy..vet....he want insulted..
told him up street guy had some..prices toooooo high now!
i said it would have been my market price Also..

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I don't have a cave, but wish I did. I do have a couple underground large heavy wall polyethylene cistern tanks (approx. 1200 gallon) that could hold a lot of sealed ammo containers. A few bags of desiccant in there with the containers should keep the ammo good for as long as I'd need it. I'd let one or two of my heirs know the locations of the cisterns and how to dry out the desiccant after I'm beyond caring .

I've thought about burying a ten foot length of 6 foot diameter culvert in the side of a hill on my property as a makeshift cave. But I think sooner or later someone could eventually discover it and there would go what ever is inside.
Just don't store ammonium Nitrate and diesel fuel together. :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Had not been paying enough attention to how sold out ammo has gotten. Found out Monday that shelves were bare of popular ammo - actually looking for some .45acp.
Thought no problem, I have a half dozen online sources, but it turns out they were sold out too. I finally found my .45 at CMP, bought a 1,000rd case. I also picked
up a milsurp tin of 7.62 TOK and a can .30 cal M1 ammo from S&G. I long ago stocked all the .308 (7.62X51, .223 (5.56x45), 30-06 M2 Ball, 7.62X39, etc, that I will
ever need.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Not to worry my diesel and ammo are maintained well apart and nowhere close. I'm a professional Petroleum Engineer and am well aware of such things.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Not to worry my diesel and ammo are maintained well apart and nowhere close. I'm a professional Petroleum Engineer and am well aware of such things.
Can you believe that explosion in Beirut? 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate Yikes!
They use that down at the copper mines for demolition, couple football fields at a time. It's fun to watch.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
211 Posts
tons of ammo at the GS this weekend in TEX. hit or miss 250 a 440 can of x54r but the Monarch 9mm 800x cans were stacked at 450-500 each same stuff Acad sells for 159. I ended up with some Turmp 2020 bills and 4 red rocket comet flares... and a renewd NRA membership. fun times...

·
Gold Bullet member
10,481 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,795 Posts
Its coming back. Local range i shoot at has ammo for sale in the mornings. Some good, some crap.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Primers are starting to come back too ... at least in my area..

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,515 Posts
tons of ammo at the GS this weekend in TEX. hit or miss 250 a 440 can of x54r but the Monarch 9mm 800x cans were stacked at 450-500 each same stuff Acad sells for 159. I ended up with some Turmp 2020 bills and 4 red rocket comet flares... and a renewd NRA membership. fun times...
Does Acad have it in stock?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts