Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nice Inland M1 at my LGS. Serial 6275739 - Carbine is all Inland inside and out but I have a question on the stock. Stock is marked TRIMBLE TN in the sling cut and the hand guard is IO marked. From my limited study, I read that NPM gave 1K of these stocks to Inland for production guns and I'm trying to figure out if thats what I have here. No cross cannon, firing proof or any other cartouches present on the wood. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
What is the date on the barrel? I would say about late September 1944 give or take a bit. The stocks your asking about were sent to Inland in July 1943. They would have been used up the week they arrived as Inland was really starting to wind up their production levels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the date on the barrel? I would say about late September 1944 give or take a bit. The stocks your asking about were sent to Inland in July 1943. They would have been used up the week they arrived as Inland was really starting to wind up their production levels.
No date on the barrel, going from the serial your guess is definitely in the ballpark.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Because it's been rebuilt then any stock is OK for it. If you were to mean time wise is it correct, then the answer is no it would not be. But it works and that is OK for you to use it. Shoot it and enjoy it. Also look under the hand guard on the receiver at the barrel is there a stamp on it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Because it's been rebuilt then any stock is OK for it. If you were to mean time wise is it correct, then the answer is no it would not be. But it works and that is OK for you to use it. Shoot it and enjoy it. Also look under the hand guard on the receiver at the barrel is there a stamp on it?
Here's some of the stamps, let me know what you think. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It looks correct for a upgrade which most were upgraded in 1947 adjustable sights, flip safety, bayonet lug, etc. it is correct for a post war M1 carbine does it have a round or flat bolt eather one would be correct for post ww2 upgrade.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yes the parts shown are mostly Inland. The barrel is Inland, hand guard and the hammer all Inland. The trigger housing updated with the oil hole. Yup a full rebuilt carbine that is at it's best for shooting. Because of the dark finish of the carbine I wondered if it was a FAT rebuild and refinish. But the barrel does not have the FAT stamp on it. If it had then it would have been a CMP return from Italy. FAT is the national armory in Italy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.