Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm maybe planning to buy Austrian Stg58 battle rifle. I don't know much of them, the basics at most, but maybe somebody of you fellow gunboards member can help me.

Following rifle is available in one finnish gunshop, at very reasonable price, supposing that the rifle & action is working properly and the barrel is at good shape.

What can you tell me about this spesific rifle? For example, what receiver model? When possibly made? What to excpect what should I investigate in the future?

It seems to have the compensator and bipod missing, but is it possible that it's somekind of product variation?

All information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pitkaparran.com/images/Product/large/1497.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is an STG58 with a type 1 receiver. Furniture looks correct. As you stated it is missing the bipod and Stoll muzzle devise. It also appears to be missing some of the front sling swivel, just the band is there. It's not a variation, many people remove the bipod due to it's weight. could be why someone removed the flash hider also.

In America the STG's are regarded as the best FAL kit's available. This is due to the high quality hammer forged barrel, and the fact that these FAL were used very little and were thus in excellent shape when de milled. It all comes down to condition on the specific FAL you are looking at. If has been well maintained and the barrel is in good shape, it should be a great rifle.
Give me the serial number range and I can tell you when it was made.

Davesrb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.