Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salutations to all !

A few years back my dad purchased a rolling breech 54 caliber muzzle loader from a yard sale. its a over under with sights on both barrels. Ive tried to find info on it on the net but no avail. If some one could help me out I would appreciate it. im guessing its not super rare but i cant locate any info on it. Keep your powder dry and shoot straight.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Rifle

Do the barrels swivel on an axis . Is it percussion fired?? Any markings on it?? Pictures always get a response here

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've seen the rifle you describe in older Gun Digests from the 1970's and 1980's.

I'll dig around and see if any of the old books have any useful info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swivel on axis

yes the barrels swvel on a axis. it is fired by #11 caps and have octagon barrels.. i would load a picture up but im currently working in norh dakota and the gun is in michigan. sorry.. thanx 4 the replies

·
Registered
252 Posts
Swivel barrel rifle

If a recient import, I remember they were sold for a short while by sporting good's outfits like Cabelas.
They had been mention of ther use in NW Pennsylvania during the Post civil war era by market deer hunters
Mentioned by E.N. Woodcock in his book "50 Years a Hunter and Trapper" a very interesting book with a view back in the era between the 1860's to 1911.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I recently sold one at a Gunshow for $300.

It was in .45 caliber and was put together by Numerich back in the 1970's or early 1980's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts